uTorrent port forwarding problems

bond1122

A couple days ago I got back from vacation and I noticed that I wasn't uploading almost anything on any of my torrents (I have over 120). It's a rarity now if I have 2 active torrents uploading 3 Kb/s. My download speeds are still very fast though. I decided to check my connection but utorrent says the port is not open (you can still download).

So I ran ipconfig and I saw that my IP had changed from the one I used when I initially port forwarded. So I adjusted it in my router configuration, but nothing changed. I tried changing the port i was using, and still nothing happens.

I made sure that I added an exception to windows firewall, and my AVG firewall is turned off. I looked over my router settings and everything is 100%. I have the right IP, the right port, "Enabled" is checked. I later tried enabling uPnP port mapping in utorrent but it didn't work. I should note though that I used portforwarding.com's application to check if it's opened and it said it was.

So I'd appreciate it if anyone might know what's wrong.

I have one other problem though. When I run the port check, it always says "current port: 0(random)", but the text box for the port is filled in with the right one. I saved the settings twice but it always says the current port is 0. What's the problem?

Version: 3.3.1 Build 30017

Thanks.

Have you worked though the suggestions
4. Yes.

What about checking the port using external tools? such as http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

If it shows "Open" with that, turn off uPnP and NAT-PMP.

A couple days ago I got back from vacation and I noticed that I wasn't uploading almost anything on any of my torrents (I have over 120). It's a rarity now if I have 2 active torrents uploading 3 Kb/s

Are there any connected peers to these jobs? And if so, what flags are set on them?

Okay I used that tool and it said it was opened.

I turned off uPnP and NAT-PMP but it won't run the test in utorrent anymore.

Many of the jobs have the infinity symbol under peers.

Actually I can't find many examples of a torrent with connected peers, but that's because most have the infinity symbol. One example has one peer with the UI flag. I'm seeding to him up to 100 kb/s though..

On another one the flag is U. I'm uploading nothing to him. On another one there's two peers. I'm uploading to one at 15 Kb/s. The flag is UI. For the other peer the flag is U and I'm not uploading.

One other example has three peers. Uploading to one with the U Ie flag. The other two have u and u Ie flags.

but it won't run the test in utorrent anymore.
Who cares?

It is not especially important, it is simply a convenience.

On another one the flag is U. I'm uploading nothing to him. On another one there's two peers. I'm uploading to one at 15 Kb/s. The flag is UI. For the other peer the flag is U and I'm not uploading.
So the simple fact is that you are providing upload at the speed the peers are willing to take pieces at and there is little or nothing that YOU can do to change that.

So the simple fact is that you are providing upload at the speed the peers are willing to take pieces at and there is little or nothing that YOU can do to change that.

Okay, but what does that mean? Is there a problem with the configuration? Does the fact that most of the torrents have an infinity sign on the peers indicate a problem?

Okay, but what does that mean?

How patronising would like me to be?

Is there a problem with the configuration?
No.
Does the fact that most of the torrents have an infinity sign on the peers indicate a problem?

Assuming

No, it only shows that uTorrent cannot calculate an approximate time to completion based upon your seeding goal settings and the average upload rate.

Okay' date=' but what does that mean?[/quote']

How patronising would like me to be?

I didn't literally mean 'what does everything you said just mean'. I was just asking what it implies about the situation.

Assuming

No, it only shows that uTorrent cannot calculate an approximate time to completion based upon your seeding goal settings and the average upload rate.

Yes, I know what it means in that situation, but what's happening here is the infinity sign is under the Seeds/Peers tab for most of my torrents. What does that mean?

but what's happening here is the infinity sign is under the Seeds/Peers tab

Right, so not just

infinity sign on the peers
the extra couple of words make all the difference.

Simple, it cannot calculate the ratio for some reason.

I'll give you a hint as to why that may be, ...

You cannot divide a number by zero.

Dude, is there something mentally wrong with you? I said it was on the peers tab from the first post. Your problem is that you don't read. I could've given every reply I gave to you by simply quoting my earlier posts. You don't even realize what a moron you are, that's what makes your arrogance so ironic. Anyway, I had a good laugh, seriously. For the most part this whole thing was waste of time, but it's a start no less. I guess I'll be taking my question somewhere where it'll actually be read and I don't have to listen to condescending remarks from some idiot who has a boner over his post count.

I said it was on the peers tab from the first post. Your problem is that you don't read.

Nope, your original post regarding the infinity sign states ...

Okay, but what does that mean? Is there a problem with the configuration? Does the fact that most of the torrents have an infinity sign on the peers indicate a problem?

No mention of tabs, and "peers" can refer to many things on the GUI. So, If YOU are not explicit and unambiguous about what your question refers to, I ask! NOT guess what you want to know.

Archived