Port is open - Network test still says "Results: Port is not open"

phonikops

Hi guys,

I've been having a real hard time trying to connect uploads. I'm running Windows XP SP3, uTorrent 3.3.1, AVG Free 2013, and my ISP is Shaw.

I went through the setup guide and followed the portforward.com instructions exactly. I did an online portforward test which said my port is open, and an ISP throttling test was able to achieve 218kbps using bittorrent.

I even have the green circle with the checkmark in the bottom corner which says "Network OK"... but every time I run the Network Test I get the message - Results: Port is not open (you are still able to download) - with UPnP and NAT-PMP enabled, if they arent enabled I just get the big red X... Firewall exception is enabled, and I've even tried with both Windows Firewall and AVG completely disabled with the same results.

I'm really not sure what to try next so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Man... I've spent several hours every day over the last week reading every post I could find with similar symptoms but haven't been able to fix this. I assure you I don't want to waste yours or anyone elses time with this, I just want to try to figure it out so I can actually contribute/share with others using utorrent.

That being said, with uPnP and NAT-PMP disabled in utorrent, I checked the port using several online port checkers and downloaded PFPortChecker and all say my port is open. But when I run the utorrent Network test I still get the big red X. However PFPortChecker did say it was unable to ping my router, does this have anything to do with it?

I did use the search option thanks. Disabling uPnP and NAT-PMP hasn't changed the results, those links pretty much were just the same thing.

One more question though, so I disabled uPnP and NAT-PMP in utorrent, but do I need to disable these settings in my router? Or does that have nothing to do with it..

Archived