Pause

ResonantEcho

I don't know where exactly but I remember reading that pause is only supposed to suspend the transfers but keep the connections to the other clients. Could be that in order to do that a minimum amount of traffic is required, this is just a guess though, I'm not a developer or anything :) ...

Bye

Creat

I think it allows whatever data has been requested to go out and data requests we have made to come in. This is kinder to the connected peers/seeds than abruptly stopping data transfers in progress, which is what stop does. Pause prevents making or accepting any new requests, so it takes a little while for the data transfer rate to ramp down. It shouldn't take more than 30 seconds or so. As long as you see the data rate going down, it is probably working fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Why does pause mode keep downloading or uploading?

It takes a short while for the download and upload to reach 0 (possibly several minutes), since µTorrent must send/receive all the queued pieces first. It does not drop the connections, so small bandwidth spikes may still be seen several minutes after because of BitTorrent protocol overhead.

Think your probably right with the wait a while method ,stops uploading quite quickly but its still dloading 10 mins later ,can see most of the peers have dropped off now though ,used to be instant when I used 1.1.7.2 ,still on 1.2.1 at the moment as I'm in the middle of a seed and dload .Still got to be better than Az pause feature ,that might as well just be called stop as well because the tracker doesn't pick you up once you pause with it and when you start again its all from zero again and that using the latest 2.3.0.6 .

Archived