"IP to report to tracker" vs net.bind_ip

slayers

The IP reported to tracker tells the tracker which public IP address your computer can be reached at, in the special case where the address used to contact the tracker is different from your real public IP. This is usually the case when using proxies.

The bind IP is the local address µTorrent binds to, which is sometimes useful when you want to limit µTorrent to a specific network adapter in systems with more than one network adapter.

I reported this in another thread with no response so i'll do it here, the net.bin_ip is not working, it keeps using whatever lan card it wants and i'd like to see this implimented to where it actually works.

Like i said in the previous thread that i have 2 lan cards one had an ip of 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.2.3, if i want utorrent to bind with .2 it will sometimes use .2 but then switched to .3, if i shut off .3 it will revert back to .2, if i shut off .2 it reverts to .3 that to me isn't good, it should NOT connect if i shut down the ip its binded too, bitspirit and others will not connect if the binded ip isn't working and even if both lan cards are working They dont switch back and forth.

Archived