port forward/green light problem

lonelyassassin

Hi, I followed the "utorrent Connection Setup Guide" and did everything.

-I setup the static IP and my internet work.

-I configured my router.

-I am using Windows Firewall and Linksys WRT54Gv3 router.

-My Speed test: 1572 / 256 (Kbps) // (191.9 / 31.3 KB/sec)

-I also did the "EvID4226Patch223d-en" patch and my maximum half-open:50

-But in utorrent, my "net.max_halfopen 8" (default).

However, I am unable to get the port forward to work, and I see an orange triangle on the bottom of utorrent.

Can someone please tell me if I setup my 1)static IP correct? and 2)setup my router correct? If so, why does the port forwarding not working?

Here are some screenshots:

1pk7.th.jpg 2ey3.th.jpg 3jp5.th.jpg 4se9.th.jpg 5lq5.th.jpg

Ok, I screwed around with my router and had to restart it. (But it's working fine now)

Anyways, I did as you said, change my ip to 192.168.2.151 in the Internet Protocol Properties and the Port Range Forward (router).

I still don't see a green light nor did utorrrent say I port forward correctly.

Here are the updated screenshots:

ip1hq4.th.jpg ip2ym7.th.jpg ip3ir3.th.jpg

In screenshot 2, if I change the Local IP Address to 192.168.2.151, my router stop working.

Modem Name: Westell WireSpeed Dual Connect (the default Bellsouth.net modem that they gave me)

Model: C90-610030-06

The modem (Westell 6100 is the actual model) is a modem+router combo ;o

Check the advanced port forwarding guide in the user manual (second link in my signature).

Edit: Erm... why does ipconfig show your IP to be 192.168.2.100? Did you restart your computer after setting the static IP? Did you take a screenshot of the correct output section from ipconfig?

quoted, "Edit: Erm... why does ipconfig show your IP to be 192.168.2.100? Did you restart your computer after setting the static IP? Did you take a screenshot of the correct output section from ipconfig?"

My bad, I took the screenshot before I even save and "refresh" ipconfig. Yes, it does suppose to say 192.168.2.151 .

I read your "µTorrent User Manual" and YES, it WAS the Double NAT problem.

Conclusion:

Like you said, my Westell 6100 modem was actually a modem+router combo, and I use a Linksys WRT54Gv3 router. So the 2 routers cause "conflict." After searching through google, I came to this site "http://www.dslreports.com/faq/6323" and follow its instruction to make my Westell as Bridge Connection, while my Linksys router will be the PPPoE connection type. It finally worked! I have a green light and the port forwarding is successful! YAY!

P.S. During the process, I upgraded both my Westell and my Linksys firmware as a bonus, lol. And wow, my speed increase tremendously!!!

Thanks Ultima for the help. :)

guys, have the same problem here.. got the orange triangle. i tried following the steps on the setup guide, but got an error on Portforward Router Guide. my modem/router says that "Error: Entry already exists". my modem is prolink h9200. any help would greatly be appreciated. thnx.

• 3 weeks later...

I followed all of the instructions as they were written. I'm talking about the http://www.dslreports.com/faq/6323 guide, not the one in your sig so I don't know if we're talking about the same thing. I'll checkout your manual though, too.

It's odd though. I have UPnP turned on yet that doesn't work for uTorrent. I also just turned my router's firewall off altogether to see if that would make a difference, yet it didn't. And yes, I have all my personal firewalls off.

EDIT- I read your guide and I need a little bit of help with what I should do. Well, mainly, how do I find (or make) a static IP for my router? On the main page it says "Wan IP

192.168.1.97" or " IP address 192.168.2.1 " So I don't know which to use. Then, not knowing if those are the right IP's I looked at the "Connection Type" where I can change it from Dynamic to Static or PPPoE. However, when I try static it stops my internet from working.

Archived