Swarm Diagram

inajmi

Simple (pie) charts of peer country distribution and country specific upload/download speeds could be nice to have. Current peer list is bit too detailed when it comes to torrents with large number of peers.

That, and what the original post wanted would probably require a graphics rendering engine of some sort to be compiled with the program and the developer has said over and over again that he doesn't want to bloat the software. µTorrent is so fast and lightweight by design and all sorts of graphical rendering would most likely cause a lot of bloat.

I'm not knocking the feature request. I think it would look cool too but I would much, much rather have a fast, lightweight bit torrent client that I found after nearly 2 years of desperate searching of Google and forums.

I don't really care if we have a big honking diagram like the swarm diagram or not, but here's what the swarm diagram does for me, and why I find it useful.

The swarm diagram will show you how far along a given piece is, and how fast a given client is sending pieces. This is different from the overall speed the client may be sending at. I like to be able to see how many pieces appear to be stalled, and whether or not I have to do something to shake things up.

It just gives a good overall feel of the flow of data to and from your system, and I find that comforting. Maybe you find that useless, but I don't. Maybe something else can be created that does the same thing without the clunky graph, but I find it a very elegant solution to the simple "glance to see how my system is doing" problem.

Archived