Very simple but necessary seeding option

Zarxrax

Hi, I just switched to utorrent and I like it very much! However, I can't seem to find a very important feature that I used from Azureus.

I use bittorrent to distribute my content. To save bandwidth, I don't want to seed my files when other people are seeding them. I only want to seed a file if it has 0 or 1 people seeding it. I was wondering if a setting could be implemented which allows you to only seed a file if it has fewer than X seeds?

Erm, sorry for the misunderstanding. I should learn to read more closely next time (I deleted my previous posts in this thread, sorry about that =P). In any case, I believe this has been requested several times before. I'm not sure of the exact details, but according to chaosblade, ludde and vurlix are working heavily on the seeding queue priority system, so you might see something like what you're requesting in the future =]

Edit: Hm... just looked through the Advanced Options section of the Preferences, and I noticed a field called queue.prio_no_seeds... Can this possibly be the option that you're looking for? I'm not sure how exactly this setting affects µTorrent's behavior, but it's set to true by default.

Archived