Using two NETWORK (IE two ISP) with 1 utorrent client How can I?

sy5tem

hello,

been using uttorent for while now, really like it , low cpu usage e.t.c. and no java install needed :P

i live with friends here, and we have TWO different ISP , i am using DSL , and my friends are using CABLE, now the question is, How can i use the two ISP to get a boosted mutli connection (since torrent connect to multiple user) , it should be doable in theory...

my network equipment consist of a dlink gigabytes switch 2 dlink router 1 hub and 2 modem , 1 cable and 1 Dsl.

If need be i will buy more equipment for fun sake :P

In that case, it's easiest to run µTorrent on 2 different computers and both trying to download the same torrent. Even still, it's hit-or-miss as to whether the 2 computers will share missing parts to each other. :(

With multi-file torrents, you could tell 1 computer to download one set while the other gets the rest. Or just run different torrents on each computer. That's the easiest thing to do with multiple internet connections.

Run µtorrent on 2 different computers each running different torrents. I myself have a LAN with two routers (only one being DHCP) each connected to its own modem (adsl & cable). To make a computer use the 2nd internet line I give it a static IP and fill in the IP of the second (not-dhcp) router as its default gateway and dns server.

Using two internet connections from the same PC is messy.

well it seem's that unless it directly supported by uttorrent i won"t boost my torrent for now! , 2 pc running as a torrent cluster would be nice , but for now they will be downloading different torrent until somebody decide to write some kind of plugin thank you for you help :P and silverfire thank you for the link, this guy with dsl bounding is insane , and it doesnt even work as planed :P hehehe

You can run two copies of the client. Make one of them run in stand-alone mode http://utorrent.com/faq.php#How_can_I_share_my_torrents_between_user_profiles.3F and start it with /RECOVER

Make sure you don't have the same downloads on both clients, of course.

You'll have to bind each client to a specific adapter. net.outgoing_ip and net.bind_ip

Archived