pls add the option to stop seeding after there're x ammount of seeders

TRaSH

I would also like this feature reimplemented, as I am uploading 10-20 torrents at a time,(not all active), but it would be nice to automatically stop seeding once the set peer count has been reached, this would allow for more bandwith to the needing torrents and I wouldn't have to do it manually like I do now.

-Vlad

there's gonna be new seeding rules, but a lot of the priorities and whatnot are going to be automatic, because most of the time, the user doesn't know better :P

it would be better to set the option automatic to 5 or something like that and then have the option to change it later to any amount you want.

i still don't understand why this option was removed in the first place.

So how about auto restart seeding when the available seeders drop below x ? Perhaps this could be done using Pause instead of Stop (Is the peers updated when a torrent is in paused mode ?)

That i would really like.....

This is a magnificent request... :D

Go DutchDude Go! :lol:

So how about auto restart seeding when the available seeders drop below x ? Perhaps this could be done using Pause instead of Stop (Is the peers updated when a torrent is in paused mode ?)

This is a magnificent request... :D

Go DutchDude Go! :lol:

I'm flattered :D

so... if i understand correctly.... when all uTorrent clients notice around the same time that there are more then x torrents they all stop and theoretically this would leave 0 seeders ? LOL

That would be a sight to see. =D

gogogogogo good job

Wouldn't be using it personally, but I'm all for it.

so... if i understand correctly.... when all uTorrent clients notice around the same time that there are more then x torrents they all stop and theoretically this would leave 0 seeders ? LOL

In case this wasn't a joke.. I assume that the feature works such that if the number does drop below the set amount, µT would start seeding again...

An excellent feature request. Especially useful for ppl who upload torrents on the reg. It helps utilize ur bandwidth. Like If I upload a torrent, I can set it to stop me from seeding when the torrent reaches 25 seeders. That should be enuff seeders to keep the torrent alive. Then I can go and upload more torrents.

Im def all for this feature.

I made a similar request (basically for several of Azureus' priority rules) earlier, so I'm definatly going to give this a thumbs-up too. This can be extrordinarily handy for putting upload bandwidth to its maximum use.

Here's my thoughts on the feature:

1) µTorrent should definatly pause, not stop, the torrents. Eventually even the big swarms will dwindle down, and bandwidth shouldn't continue to be choked off because they were once large.

2) µTorrent should only do this after reaching the seeding goal on a torrent.

3) If there is "spare" upload bandwidth, µTorrent should unpause some of the less needy torrents so that upload bandwidth is still being put to use helping the other swarms.

JigPu

Count me in ...

I would like to have the auto reseed.

When I upload stuff on ratio site, the original seeder should not be in the torrent for too long, this will prevent others to get a good ratio, so I would set

[*] Seed While Ratio <= 150%

-- Only when ratio is done ---

[*] Seed While <= 3 seeders (excluding myself) or Seed While Seeder/Leecher ratio <= .5

[*] [X] Restart if it fall below that

I think we should have to possibility to use a Seeder/Leecher ratio or a fixed amount of Seeder, and optionally ask to restart the seed if it fall below the defined rule.

I understand it won't be usefull for ppl that doesn't create torrents, but it would be very interesting for those of us that create a lot of torrents and what we only care is to make the torrent avalaible and create some seed, so we can pass on an other torrent in the queue...

MageMinds

think of conflicts this would have suppose everyone uses utorrent if everyone has 5 seeds as max as soon as 5 seeds are set boom all utorrent clients disconnect leavin the peers w/o seeder... i guess it can be alright but the torrent should remain active and if the #seeds drops below 5 utorrent should begin seeding again.

think of conflicts this would have suppose everyone uses utorrent if everyone has 5 seeds as max as soon as 5 seeds are set boom all utorrent clients disconnect leavin the peers w/o seeder... i guess it can be alright but the torrent should remain active and if the #seeds drops below 5 utorrent should begin seeding again.

That's a good point, except that the likelihood that everyone has the same seeding rules is pretty remote. For example, there may be 5 seeds, but some may be only a a ratio of 0.5:1, so their seeding rules require them to seed up to say 1:1. Other people may not have any rules and just leave it running.

Azureus has the same seeding options that are being proposed here, and I can't say that I saw that sort of behavior.

Don't think this should be added ,you dload the whole torrent ,you should give at least that much back before you leave it ,not wait until loads of seeds are doing your job for you ,seed it 1:1 then set your torrent to stop ,thats the only fair way regardless of how many are on the torrent .Set µtorrent to finish at 105% just to make sure .If you borrowed £10 from someone ,would they be happy if you only gave them £5 back ,just because loads of other ppl were paying them back at the same time ,I think not .Seed 1:1 or be known as H&R scum.

because this client shouldn't be made only for leechers,

but also for people who are doing seeding, or helping out bad seeds to raise speed of some .torrents.

when i do a initial seed and i would use a ratio of 1:1 most people whould stay stuck on 80-90%.

exspecially when most people don't start downloading right after i posted the .torrent.

Archived