Super-seeding not working properly in 1.2

NiteShdw

It seems to me that super-seeding isn't working properly in 1.2, but it's hard to tell since there isn't any debug info about what's going on in super-seeding mode.

On one torrent in super-seeding mode, I have uploaded 4.7GB of a 4.3GB torrent (110%), but the torrent availability shows only 70% of the pieces are available in the swarm. By the time the entire torrent is seeded, I'll have uploaded at least 150-200% of the size of the torrent. On a 20KB/s connection, that's a long time.

On another torrent, I have uploaded 56MB, but the availablilty shows that only 25MB worth of pieces are distributed within the swarm.

In the LOGGER, it shows that μTorrent is accepting requests for and sending pieces like piece 431, 722, 2385, 2919, 3600, or what seems like pretty random pieces.

Is there any way to see which pieces each peer is downloading and if that piece is already available in the swarm?

It seems to me that super-seeding isn't working properly in 1.2, but it's hard to tell since there isn't any debug info about what's going on in super-seeding mode.

On one torrent in super-seeding mode, I have uploaded 4.7GB of a 4.3GB torrent (110%), but the torrent availability shows only 70% of the pieces are available in the swarm. By the time the entire torrent is seeded, I'll have uploaded at least 150-200% of the size of the torrent. On a 20KB/s connection, that's a long time.

On another torrent, I have uploaded 56MB, but the availablilty shows that only 25MB worth of pieces are distributed within the swarm.

You have some leechers not sharing after they have downloaded or have abandoned the download for some reason.

When super-seeding a new .torrent this is not unusual :(

Just an update: I've now uploaded 6.03GB on a 4.3GB torrent that has been running in Super-seeding mode exclusively. EVERY peer I'm connected to has sent an interested packed ('u' flag = interested by choked). For super-seeding, only certain clients should be interested.

It's quite clear that super-seeding IS NOT working at all. I do believe that it worked in 1.1.7.2. I'll do some tests to see.

Archived