Torrents lost when XP crashes

FREDNURK

Sometimes when XP crashes (which is quite often surprise surprise), utorrent loses all its list of pending and completed torrents. It is a big pain to try to remember what was there and to reload all the torrent files.

Is there a way of reloading the previous torrents?

you could try removing the .OLD extension from your resume.dat.OLD file located in the Application Data folder for utorrent so that it becomes 'resume.dat'.

go to My Computer and in the address bar type "%appdata%" without the quotes and hit enter. here, click the utorrent folder and do the above. I would do this with utorrent close... and then you open it.

Since posting, I did look in the folder again and tried that. I suppose it saves the "old" one everytime you close utorrent. I think I was too late since it came up blank anyway, I had probably opened and closed it one too many times since the crash.

OK I'll know next time (hopefully there won't be one) to safely quarantine the "old" resume file b4 closing utorrent again, then reinstate it before next opening utorrent.

<quote>Sometimes when XP crashes (which is quite often surprise surprise)<unquote>

I downloaded the Driver Genius torrent, I found 3 new drivers, 2 for mouse, 1 for USB wireless adapter, almost daily XP crashes disappeared. I think it was the Wireless Optical Mouse that was causing the crashes. One of the new drivers recognised it as a 4-button mouse, the other (I think) replaced the generic Intellimouse driver.

I was a cheapo eBay mouse, now it's much happier than with its original drivers, much smoother scrolling, before it would occasionally lag then jump.

Not sure if it will help you.

The USB adapter mfr. had a website, which disappeared, no more updated drivers.

Driver genius found a more recent one based on the chipset (ZyDas).

Archived