still recieving swarm when torrent is stopped.

boo

I mean, when I have the torrent stopped, peers are still trying to connect to me.

That means that the tracker still gets my ips and has it included in the peerlist of the torrent,

which the peers recieve and then tries to connect to me :P

Perhaps the peers are using clients with peer exchange, and the peers haven't updated their lists or something? I experienced this with other clients, especially BitComet, which has peer exchange of course.

Just a thought.

-Ares

no, it isn't because of it, I know this because of 2 things:

1. When all torrents stopped, sygate show traffic to µTorrent

2. When I close µTorrent, the nasty anti-p2p immediately stops to try to connect to me.

Oh, I get it. Well, I think it is supposed to continue communication with the tracker, if you're seeding anyway. It keeps tabs on the amount of seeds and peers.

-Ares

in pause it should, but I think it should stop communicating when a torrent is stopped.

no, it isn't because of it, I know this because of 2 things:

1. When all torrents stopped, sygate show traffic to µTorrent

2. When I close µTorrent, the nasty anti-p2p immediately stops to try to connect to me.

Because the port is still open with uTorrent open, and when you close it, the port isn't open anymore.

no' date=' it isn't because of it, I know this because of 2 things:

1. When [u']all torrents stopped, sygate show traffic to µTorrent

Because the port is still open with uTorrent open, and when you close it, the port isn't open anymore.

just because you have port open doesn't mean you recieve allot if cinnetions ;)

If the port is open and uTorrent is listening on that port, uTorrent would accept the connection most likely, and then close it. If it wasn't listening, the connection wouldn't get made, your computer would refuse the connection altogether. I get hit by anti-p2p regardless of if it's open, though.

Oh and if you have DHT turned on, that will always be generating traffic (inbound and outbound).

Now that's not normal... Open the Logger and click Dump DHT Tracked, and tell us how many torrents are in the list.

17 torrents.

utdump7qi.th.png

EDIT: I had just rebooted and restarted utorrent when I checked the above. I did it again now after 30 minutes and it says 198 tracked torrents, even tho I disabled DHT. Also, it still generates traffic even tho I have shut utorrent down...

You didn't disable DHT if it doesn't say DHT: disabled in the status bar. You have to disable it in Torrent Options.

I still don't understand why there's so much bandwidth use, that's really not normal...

I know. I had it running when I took that screenshot, disabled it later. I'm not getting this, and it's getting annoying... :/

Did the bandwidth use go down when you disabled DHT?

No. It's really weird. I don't get it.

It started earlier today when I noticed µtorrent wasn't respecting the upload limit I had set for it. I thougth it was some temporary glitch and let it run. After the torrents had finished I noticed I still had some bandwidth usage and started to investigate. I've lost count on the number of reboots I've performed today:)

Thing is, even if I kill µtorrent.exe the bandwidth usage still goes.

Question: Am I supposed to be able to "Dump DHT buckets" even if I have disabled DHT?

[03:36:04] Incoming connection from 195.50.197.152

[03:36:04] 195.50.197.152 : Disconnect: No such torrent

[03:36:21] Incoming connection from 210.213.232.126

[03:36:21] 210.213.232.126 : Disconnect: No such torrent

[03:38:51] Num buckets: 18. My DHT ID: 211535897A71B51E2EE081E1C11CD031A0190FB5

[03:38:51] Bucket 0: 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Yes, you can still dump the buckets even with DHT disabled. If the bandwidth usage is still going even after you kill µTorrent, then something else is going on behind the scenes.

Maybe you need something like PG2 or a software firewall to see if you're getting hammered by incoming connections by anti-p2p groups?

Yes, you can still dump the buckets even with DHT disabled. If the bandwidth usage is still going even after you kill µTorrent, then something else is going on behind the scenes.

Maybe you need something like PG2 or a software firewall to see if you're getting hammered by incoming connections by anti-p2p groups?

Allright, cheers for the tip I'll try that. I'll report back what I found out tomorrow.

kynen, that means you're getting hammered by anti-p2p groups. :/

I kind of figured. Don't see the point of doing that tho as they're not using sufficient bandwidth to really bother me. Maybe if I was on 56k dialup. I took a screenie of what PG is displaying. I unchecked the "show allowed connections" option so it displays only what it actually blocks. If anybody is interested... 1337 used to be my µtorrent port.

dos1rl.th.png

EDIT: I forgot to thank you Firon, I might have figured it out myself but would've taken me an extra day or two. Thanks.

Archived