losing torrents tasks after closing utorrent

schwab

it happens more than half the time when i exit utorrent, i lose about 9/10 torrents seeding or downloading. i'm using version 1.2, but this has been hapening to me since 1.1.7.2.

i wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that i use the store torrent files option checked and the moved finished torrent files option checked. i'll try turning it off and see what happens.

any help would be appreciated. utorrent just seems to be getting worse with each release for me =(

I switched from azureus and I have this problem. I created a directory to store all my in-progress torrents. Then pointed utorrent to that directory to save torrents to, and to automagically load the torrents from that directory.

What it did was it renamed all the exisiting torrents in that directory to ******.torrent.loaded (**** is file name).

I have to manually enter the torrents (allbeit I can group add which makes it easier) after I exit utorrent.

I am using the latest Beta on the download page.

This does not work!

Have stored the downlaoding files/torrents and the finish one in different folders but I lost everytime my downloads when I close uTorrent.

Any further ideas?

If you see your torrents gone, close µtorrent immediately, go to %appdata%\uTorrent, delete resume.dat, and rename resume.dat.old to resume.dat

Startup utorrent, everything should be back.

Also, all your .torrents are stored in %appdata%\uTorrent, Killfly

Where can i find these files - have only the "utorrent.exe" in my folder!

Cu

This does not work!

Have stored the downlaoding files/torrents and the finish one in different folders but I lost everytime my downloads when I close uTorrent.

Any further ideas?

If you see your torrents gone, close µtorrent immediately, go to %appdata%\uTorrent, delete resume.dat, and rename resume.dat.old to resume.dat

Startup utorrent, everything should be back.

Also, all your .torrents are stored in %appdata%\uTorrent, Killfly

Where can i find these files - have only the "utorrent.exe" in my folder!

Cu

Works for me.

I've been wondering (and I'm NOT going to test it on my setup) if having a long path (or maybe folder names to long - over 8 characters?) might have something to do with this problem. Anyone care to test that?

As for the location, in windows %appdata% is a global variable (and can be used in commands as a path constant). From http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;298059 I got the following (with minor edits):

--------------------------------

Note: AppData (or %AppData% when called in a script / command line / executable) refers to the following on your hard disk:

In Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Windows 2000

C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data

In Windows NT 4.0

C:\Winnt\Profiles\[username]\Application Data

In Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition and Microsoft Windows 98

C:\Windows\Application Data

--------------------------------

In case anyone is interested, I have the following setup:

Other Options

> Delete torrent instead of renaming, when loading - checked

> Automatically load torrents in directory: C:\bt\load [any torrent file put here gets loaded by µTorrent - watch out if you save a partially downloaded file (say from a browser that hasn't finished getting the file yet still allows you to put the partially completed file into the folder) as it may not auto load until another torrent file is placed there - these then get sent to...]

Folder Options

> Store .torrent files in: C:\bt\peer [...where they stay until they finish downloading, then move to...]

> Move .torrents for finished jobs to: C:\bt\seed [...and here they finally end up]

> Put new downloads in: E:\files [torrent data is saved here]

This last one (E:\ drive) is an external USB drive which means I don't have to worry about disk thrashing while working on other things.

I also included

C:\bt\todo [for all the torrents I want to do, but don't have bandwidth for now]

And then when I'm done seeding it (1.35 ratio - or higher if I like data), I upload to a NAS for access anywhere on my LAN (but can still seed from if I need to). :D

• 6 months later...

Archived