traffic without any torrent loaded

bf9sd76bf

Hello!

My µtorrent constantly has a traffic-amount fo 0.5kb/s up- and download, although no torrent-file is loaded. The download-list is empty. Checking for updates might be possible, but not with constand 0.5kb/s. What is causing that traffic, and how can i stop it??

thx guys

zyg

what does that mean? is everyone having DHT-progs open acting as a source-list for all torrents out there? don't think so. to me, it only makes sense for locally active torrents. and if i am still publishing previously gathered sources to the dht-net for already downloaded torrent, i'd like to have an option to turn that off

@5618: what do i have to keep steady if i have no torrent loaded. dht-informations for newly added torrents are gathered rather fast. and what exactly is there to be kept ready? i thought dht is a decentral source-sharing system, but if i am finished with downloading, there has to be an option to stop your pc from publishing the sources cause sometimes its necessary to have zero-traffic. and for dht is decentral there arent as many dht-ports needed as for instance seeders. if only one guy publishes the sources and is seeder/peer, that should do it. And because there isnt only one seeder that should do the trick. no need to let not-loading clients participate on dht further more

is everyone having DHT-progs open acting as a source-list for all torrents out there? don't think so.

No, just a lot of them.

It may only make sense to have locally active torrents DHT tracked until you realize that you only have 300 neighbors. Those 300 neighbors most likely won't have information on the torrents you have.

DHT torrents will die the instant the initial source dies in your method.

aaaa, i see what you mean. just sending keep-alives so to speak....

@DreadWingKnight: yeah got it myself. my idea was a bit supid. cause what sense does it make to share the sources within the seeder/peers of the actual torrent. this information is provided by the tracker..... dht has to be active beyond the current torrent-borders... but if the traffic is only status-exchange between dht-nodes, there isnt a real problem. but an option to turn that behaviour of would be nice though

I was/am alittle concerned about this issue too. It makes me nervous to see my internet connection acting that way. Now I´ll never know if it´s a virus OR DHT sending info somewhere. It didn´t act this way before I started using utorrent, so..HOW do one turn whatever is happening OFF?

Archived