uTorrent Not Responding

Just1nCase

Here is a thumbnail of my issue:

11232005190345edited0et.th.jpg

As you can see, my toolbar would go blank and uTorrent would not respond. I am connected through DSL Internet with Windows XP ServicePack 2. Also, I am using Zonealarm Pro firewall program and I did allowed the program to connect to the Internet. All my ports are corrected forwarded.

Same problem here, it always happens to me when the Tracker Status gets updated. Just take a look at your screenshot under "Tracker Status". Anyone knows how to fix this?

EDIT: It just happened again, this happens when it tries to connect to a *dead* tracker every 5 minutes, is there any possibility to put this value up to p.eg. 10 or 15 minutes? Another thing y saw was that when it updates the status dl/ul speed freezes and then it recover after 10-15 seconds.

• 2 weeks later...
WSAENETDOWN

(10050)

Network is down.

A socket operation encountered a dead network. This could indicate a serious

failure of the network system (i.e. the protocol stack that the WinSock DLL runs

over), the network interface, or the local network itself.

To put it simply, it's almost certainly not a µt problem, more likely your hardware. :/

Since I'm having the same problem, I'll post as well.

Hardware specs:

CPU: Athlon64 3500+

M/B: EPoX NForce3-250

GPU: Radeon 9800 Pro

NIC: D-Link DGE-530T GB

Software specs:

O/S: WinXP sp2 (Firewall/ICS off)

Firewall: BitDefender 9

Edit: Note that this only happens when connecting to the tracker mentioned in one of the first posts.

Bitdefender Standard 9, Bitdefender Internet secutity 9 and Bitdefender 9 Pro cause to freeze and crash utorrent 1.2, 1.3, CPU 100%

I was trying to disable Virus shield....still not success

Just simple unistall the Bitdefender and everythink OK, but how to make them work together...

I like to keep Bitdefender 9 , sure and utorrent too

Maybe someone knows solution?

• 1 month later...

I've got a problem that looks like it's the same. When I start utorrent individually it's running ok; but If I run bearshare and utorrent together, utorrent isn't responding after about 1 minute. I've also installed Bitdefender Pro 9, and I'm so pleased with it I don't wanna uninstall it. Has anyone the same problem or an idea how to fix this?

Archived