uTorrent 1.7 - 1.7.1 always crashes

Lenin

I have used the version 1.6 without any problem. But when I try to use the 1.7 it always crashes on exit no meter what settings I use: if it is set to show the exit dialog or to show its icon in the system tray or not. While running it works witout problem till I try to close the programme. I tried to wipe out all the traces of the program and to start it again with the install dialog appeared but it doesn't help. In the same time, the 1.6 version works fine. Are there any known problem with this new version?

not really.... although there have been some random reports of a problem like this.

3 things if you get a chance:

1) Please post the dump at someplace like savefile.com and post a link here

2) Please list your OS version

3) Please list your processes here using process explorer as specified in the forums

I was following your advice and placed the dump file at http://www.savefile.com/files/897552. Then I started "process explorer" and decided to unload all unnecessary programmes before trying to launch uTorrent. It seems that the problem is in the programme "MouseImp Pro Live!". It's a tiny programme for scrolling the contents of any windows with right, left or middle buttons of a mouse. It's very handy and convenient and I use it with uTorrent for horizontal scrolling its different lists and it worked fine with the 1.6 version. After unloading this utility uTorrent 1.7 works without any problems. It would be great if this problem could be solved. Below is the lists of my processes with "MouseImp Pro Live!" running if you steel need it.

Dump file adress: http://www.savefile.com/files/897552

-----------------------------

Operating sistem: windows XP SP2

CPU Type: AMD Athlon XP Barton, 1833 2500+

---------------------------

Process PID CPU Description Company Name

System Idle Process 0 75.76

Interrupts n/a Hardware Interrupts

DPCs n/a 1.52 Deferred Procedure Calls

System 4

smss.exe 1296 Windows NT Session Manager Microsoft Corporation

explorer.exe 3084 15.15 Windows Explorer Microsoft Corporation

MIProHst.exe 2728 MouseImp PRO host module

procexp.exe 2568 1.52 Sysinternals Process Explorer Sysinternals

utorrent.exe 3232

notepad.exe 1948 Notepad Microsoft Corporation

taskmgr.exe 3244 Windows TaskManager Microsoft Corporation

outpost.exe 2332 1.52 Outpost Firewall main module Agnitum Ltd.

Opera.exe 1540 3.03 Opera Internet Browser Opera Software

• 2 weeks later...

Archived