help with forwarding ports???

jgdsl

Hi i have a linksys wireless N router model WRT150N and I am trying to forward a port to Utorrent cause I am getting a slow download speed and Utorrent saids that the is not I have done everything it siads to do at portforward.com but no matter what port I change utorrent to and chage it in my router the port never gets forward I have no idea what I am doing worng can someone plz help thanks

yes I got a static ip adress it is outside the router DHCP range and I did forward the port to that static ip adress all my firewalls are deactive I am uisng A HNS7000S hughes net modem and still Utorrent tell me that port is not open. please help I have know Idea why its not open when in my linksys router I forward the port

I am uisng A HNS7000S hughes net modem and still Utorrent tell me that port is not open.

Sounds like you have a Satellite-based Internet Connection.

You cannot legally port-forward a commercial communications satellite. Sorry, you're just hopelessly firewalled...short of changing ISPs.

• 1 month later...

I also have hughesnet HN7000S modem . I also understand the modem is also a router . I have been told that you should not use another router but only a ethernet switch . So maybe some of your troubles lie with that . The problem is I have no router other than whats in my modem and my speeds are less than 2k diialup . If the port was closed why does it still trickle thru . I also notice it doesn't let anything upload . I turn off firewall , use no router , is there anyway to configure the HN7000S to work with utorrent ?

Archived