Connects to very little seed despite utorrent shows alot seed in swarm

ljhsquall

lowseed.jpg

From the pic i pasted above, my torrent connects to very little seed. Though the amount of seed is alot and i believe it may be the cause for my low download speed. I am on cable and I can reach 80 to 100kbps normally with bitcomet. 150kbps and above sometimes. Also I set my max peer connections to 100 per torrent but it also does not connect up to 100 peers. Is there a way to resolve this?

Peers generally give you MORE bandwidth than seeders in large swarms. In fact, you can get the entire torrent exclusively from peers.

Do you have Network OK in the status bar? Do you have a firewall? Are you not using port 6881-6889?

You also can't get good speeds from many torrents no matter what, and it can take quite a while to get higher speeds sometimes.

you stated that you are on cable. some of the cable companies are using shaping when it comes to p2p. you might want to check and see if your ISP is doing such a thing.

you might want to see if your ip range is in a block list somewhere?? if it is then you will not connect to those that use that list. your NAT maybe alright but if your router is not allowing connections on that port you are doomed

Honestly, is it strange that it only connects to 10 seeds of the 187 available on a torrent with 1249 peers in total?

And is it strange that it only connects to 6 seeds of the 431 available on a torrent with 3582 peers in total?

To me, that seems perfectly normal. You can't really expect seeders to have 10 upload slots opened when you're not downloading from a private tracker.

since quite a short time, I have exactly the same problem !!! I'm glad not to be the only one!! I have checked several time and I'm sure I'm forwarding the port correctly!

I have tried the same port with azureus and I'm getting very good download speed in less than 10secs (+50k/s)....so I don't think that I have any problem with my DSP either...

With utorrent (wich I really like a lot) I simply cannot download anything (or very slowly as you can see...). It start to identify seeds/peers and start to dowload very slowly and simply stops..I have no idea why...I have tried to delete the settings.dat to reset to original setup but it didn't fiw anything...

I have tried to come back to v 1.2 but it's the same problem...

Untitled.png

any help would be really appreciated

Just give it a while and it works, I experienced the same thing today (though the tracker was down, DHT found a number of peers) and after giving it 5 minutes or so it picked up to 100 KB/s, then finished off at 200+. :P

ludde and I are testing the connectivity issues, since we actually had it happen to us over and over again in some unicode tests. More on that tomorrow when we can test more...

I've seen a lot of people experiencing the same problems I am, and I've read all the solutions, and none work. Basically, I'm downloading at 100kb/s+ in Azureus, but in µTorrent, it's rare that it exceeds 30kb/s. I've NAT checked the port I'm using, I've capped my upload speed at 80% of the suggested, I've got my maximum number of connections set to 500, and my per torrent connections to 125, I've got got my upload slots set to 5, and I've had the torrent open for almost seven hours straight now. I'm connected to 9(9) seeds and 55(78) peers, and the tracker keeps timing out. I'm just really frustrated because I don't want to swap back to the resource hogging frog. Any help would be appreciated.

Archived