Connectability problems

davdavon

Hi everyone,

Lately I've been having connectability problems. I also noticed that when I check if the port is open (through the speed guide), half the time it tells me it's open and half the time it tells me that it's closed... I tried many different ports with the same results. I tried looking for answers on www.portforward.com but it's all about routers and firewalls, while I'm not using a router and my firewall is the default Windows firewall (µTorrent is allowed as an exception). I've been using µTorrent for about two years and never had these problems before, and I didn't make any special change recently. Any idea as to what I should do? I'm using Windows XP SP2 and µTorrent 1.7.5 (build 4602).

Thanks!

The modem is Terayon TJ715. I know that 012 throttle BitTorrent, but unfortunately I'm obliged to them for the next 6 months so I can't leave without paying a fine. The thing is that up until recently, the throttling meant that my download speeds didn't go higher than ~25kbps, and the upload wasn't affected. That was annoying but I got used to it. Now that I'm not connectable, I'm lucky to get any download/upload at all, and that really drives me nuts. And in any case, it started only recently, so I'm not sure if it's related to 012's throttling or if it's a problem on my side. So any advice would be appreciated.

Archived