Limiting Download but not limiting the Upload

hakre

Hi Folks,

I love to share. Mostly I love hyper-sharing. My ratio is set at 1500% by default.

Now I've got a problem. Since my new line I have theoretically more upload speed then I had download speed before. But each time I limit my donwload speed to let's say 25k, the upload speed goes down as well. I'd like to limit my download speed but to tell uTorrent, that the upload shouldn't be capped as well. Any Ideas? Any hidden options?

You can still upload at full speed even if you don't have 100% of the file: don't limit the download rate, and it'll do just that (assuming peers are requesting data from you fast enough to fill the upload rate).

The next closest thing to limiting your download rate while still uploading at max would be to skip all files in the Files tab to prevent µTorrent from downloading them at all. In that case, you won't have 100% of the data, but you're still uploading. The downfall to this method is that it might skew piece distribution (and you won't progress with the downloading either).

Whatever you do, make sure you selected the correct upload rate in the Speed Guide.

No I don't want to skew piece distribution, that would make not much sense with bittorent. maybe if the disc is full or similar ;). Thanks for all the help Ultima, I learned a lot about bittorent. It's a great way to test the Network performance. Today I had the case by default that uploading went faster then downloading. So No problemo. I'll start some other topic soon. For this one my resumme is:

- don't limit the donwload just let it go. then upload will do best as well.

Archived