Download starts strong then drops down to 30k

AlexEndo

Hello guys , I have a very weird problem . I am using a cable connection , utorrent and a motorola modem , no router . My download starts well ,reaches even 450 k in a matter of seconds , then , after 5 seconds at most , drops down progressively to 30 k/s . I have a green tick in utorrent and my port seems to be forwarded properly .

Altough my download drops down to 30k/s , my browser dies , fails to open any page .

Another weird thing is that strongDC for example works quite well , speeds don't drop and my browser is usable at the same time . This problem occurs only with torrent like applications (utorrent , bitcomet , azureus) . Does anybody have a clue ?

Go through Ultima's How-To, the 2nd post lists example settings to turn off in uT to see if that helps. Generally speaking the first place to check is your router, is it possible your modem includes router (aka firewall) functionality? Looking through the forum for motorola surfboard will also show you previous attempts at users getting them to work with uT.

Please feel free to update the thread with a post below after you have tried more settings changes to see what helps. Please also note that it may be incompatible software keeping you from utilizing your line with bittorrent applications http://utorrent.com/faq.php#Incompatible_software

I think I might have solved it . I disabled DHT , UPnP and NAT-PMP and made the other adjustments in the advanced tab BUT the essential change that made it work properly was to lower my global maximum connections all the way down to 30 . After weeks of agony I can finally download with 450 kb/s :cool: .

Thank you guys , you're doing a great job .

Looks like I was getting my hopes too high . After donwloading 700 mb without any problems , I wanted to download another movie and the same thing happened . I don't know that do do anymore

Understand, your ISP can be limiting you :/ There is no way around this unless you're willing to try the pre-beta 1.8 line which has implemented some workarounds for said bandwidth shaping :/ If you don't have legacy connections, you are doing all you can traffic wise to keep them from limiting you. If they have DPI (deep packet inspection) hardware though, it still will not notice any speed gain. :(

Archived