Is there a legend for uTorrent?

theonlyone

I've looked through the FAQ's but have not found anything

Can someone tell me what the Seeds and Downloads numbers mean? Why is there both a number and a number in parenthesees? Also, when downloading or uploading a torrent, why is there a red circle w/ a white horizontal sign (like a do not enter sign)???

Thanks

http://utorrent.com/faq.php#What_does_the_universal_.22NO.22_symbol_mean_on_the_torrent_status_icons.3F

http://utorrent.com/faq.php#What_do_all_these_BitTorrent_terms_mean.2C_such_as_seeder.2C_snubbed.2C_etc.3F

The FAQ explains a lot of what you're asking for. :P (keep reading and you'll find out a bunch of stuff)

The number outside the parentheses is how many you're connected to, the number inside the parentheses is how many are in µTorrent's internal peerlist

1.) Basically it means:

if you get 5 (10) (for seeds)

there's 10 seeds in total, 5 you're currently connected to,

and 30 (60) (for peers)

there's 60 peers in total, 30 you're currently connected to.

http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#What_do_all_these_BitTorrent_terms_mean.2C_such_as_seeder.2C_snubbed.2C_etc.3F

2.) Looks like you haven't read the FAQ too well... :P

http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#What_does_the_universal_.22NO.22_symbol_mean_on_the_torrent_status_icons.3F

Edit: FIRON!!! :lol:

I'd love to see a totally detailed manual / help file that describes everything clearly. Separate PDF file would be awesome.

A better way of dealing with this, IMO, is having a .chm file that you can plug into the µT directory, and an option in the Help menu to open it. (If you haven't installed the addon .chm, then this option will let you know should you click it.) I'd be happy to compile the info in the FAQ and forums into such a file for an add-on...

Also, it might be worthwhile bundling it with µT by default, and allowing advanced users to 'reject' it?

Any chance of including, or at least answering, my earlier query about a detail of the colors of the triangular health icons (blue seems to be something different in every client), and what the No Entry sign, the clock, and the checkmark mean? I can guess [stopped and incomplete, queued, stopped and complete, respectively] but why rely on guesses, especially because upon reading this Firon will laugh uncontrollably at how wrong my guesses are?

No entry is already there in the FAQ. I can't be bothered to put up a full legend for the status icons right now, but I might get around to it soon :P

Blue is downloading (and the triangle points down), green is seeding (and the triangle points up)

CLock is queued. Checkmark is finished and stopped.

No entry is already there in the FAQ. I can't be bothered to put up a full legend for the status icons right now, but I might get around to it soon :P

Blue is downloading (and the triangle points down), green is seeding (and the triangle points up)

CLock is queued. Checkmark is finished and stopped.

That universal STOP SIGN thing that looks like a MINUS in a circle - that is when the torrent drops out or something?

It'll be great when you get all the Status Icons documented. Little pic on the left with an explanation on the right. We n00bs need visual help to understand, it seems. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Well, most of the stuff is explained in the FAQ. What I haven't added is stuff that I don't think is worth explaining. :P

Theres a lot of icons and terminology that makes no sense at all to newcomers. I'm sorry that you don't think that it worth explaining because it would sure be worth having explained.

Of COURSE there's a legend.

"The Legend of µTorrent"

They rode out of the fog, did vurlix and ludde, from whence none could say, with an elfin glint in their eyes and technology in their hearts...

It goes on like that but you'll have to show me the secret handshake first.

But its secret!

Archived