Slow browsing + NOD32 fixed

doogal

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, not Smart Security, only AV. No problems now with µTorrent 1.7.5. Actually downloading @ 300k+ and uploading @35k+ now with no discernible browser slowing down. Can't think that the fix will cause a problem as NOD32 will still check any completed file downloads when they are opened.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i exluded utorrent.exe too, but its not al over yet.. i must say it does help atleast pages load within a minute now, but still going way slower then without utorrent on, and im not even up or downloading alot. the weird thing is that it suddenly just happend like a few days ago that my browser would load any pages anymore.. and i got nod32 installed for like a month now...

anybody who can help maybe?

I tried to exclude utorrent.exe too, but it doesn't work that well.

Try the "Protocol Filtering" thing in Nod32 (NOD32 > Advanced (or whatver sounds like expert mode) > Antivirus and spyware protection > Configure > Protocol Filtering) and go for "Applications marked as internet browsers and email clients" and NOT "Ports and applications marked as internet browsers and email clients"

I'm trying to figure out if this is better than just excluding utorrent from the applications filtered by NOD32.

Please note that it means that NOD32 will not look out for "threats" on some open ports on your machine, which is a possible drawback. I hope this helps.

edit: note: i'm using Vista SP1 and Firefox 3b5 with utorrent 1.8b9704

• 1 month later...

I have had exactly this problem with uTorrent 1.7.7/build 8179 with eset smart security 3.0.642.0. Everything was fine, not even aware I had updated any software and suddenly internet browsing (ie 7 on Vista) stopped. Web site found, pages were loading very slowly, if at all.

Updated to Vista SP1, no difference.

Thanks to the posts here, it improved dramatically when unchecking uTorrent as a web browser, but it was still very slow.

I disabled the Web Access Protection in eset completely and everything now running beautifully.

But is anyone aware of an "option in the middle" to allow eset WAP to function with uTorrent - it would be good to have eset WAP enabled!

Thanks...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived