1.7.6 has major problems with trackers

temupu

Since I've started using 1.7.6 I've seen crazy bugs with trackers. I had some trackers I removed from a torrent because I was not registered with the site. Next thing I know, I lose all my connections to seeds/peers (actually I have had this part happen in other versions) and then it says it was only updating to two trackers in the status box.

Another time I had left utorrent on overnight and the same thing happened with a different torrent. That is, the torrent was only updating a few trackers. I have no way to verify whether it was actually not updating or just not showing the other trackers. The trackers were still in there when I edited the torrent properties in both cases.

How about you stop treating me like some fool? They are all in the torrent properties, but it only updates to a few of the trackers. At least that is what it is showing in the cycle.

I know this is a bug because it just randomly fixed itself when I clicked the torrent, viewed file progress, minimized, restored, and viewed 'general.'

example

torrent properties:

hxxp://tracker1.net/announce

hxxp://tracker2.net/announce

hxxp://tracker3.net/announce

hxxp://tracker4.net/announce

hxxp://tracker5.net/announce

hxxp://tracker6.net/announce

hxxp://tracker7.net/announce

status box cycle:

hxxp://tracker4.net/announce

hxxp://tracker7.net/announce

example

torrent properties:

hxxp://tracker.net/announce

hxxp://djhjfgokdjlfkgjsldkfjg/announce

hxxp://pojaowej.jog.jsadhg.jsfg:4800/announce

hxxp://iguoenrg.jgeois.pl/announce

hxxp://oiuwe.com:81/announce

hxxp://siuawef.co.uk:80/announce

hxxp://dhaohw.hsdoguw.org:6868/announce

status box cycle:

hxxp://iguoenrg.jgeois.pl/announce

hxxp://dhaohw.hsdoguw.org:6868/announce

I disabled the 'tracker status' column and now it seems to work fine.

This is a known bug I also reported which (I hope) will be fixed with 1.8 moving tracker list to another tab (developers still doesn't answered my mail about this bug even though I sent the details to a mail address given by Firon)

You found the only solution exitst by yourself. The problem is a display only bug and doesn't affect any connections.

Details : http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=27074

Edit : seems the bug exists on 1.7 branch and only appears for those who upgraded from 1.6 or below (like me).

Archived