bt.no_connect_to_services_list not working?

OCedHrt

Is this option still limited to ports 25 and 100 in 1.7.7? Currently I have the option set to 25,53,80,110,465,995.

The reason I ask is because I am trying to block connection to certain ports for QoS reasons. I understand that it has previously been discussed that this could be detrimental to the swarm, but it is allowing a select few users to get through my router's QoS.

110,465,995 are all listened to by my anti-virus and I am still trying to get this disabled. 25, 53, and 80 are configured with higher priority than typical bulk traffic and this is the main problem as some connections are getting through.

Also, why does searching for bt.no_connect_to_services and rough equivalents return no results? There are topics that match this.

... remote ports. Local connections happen on your listening port.

bt.no_connect_to_services: This option tells µTorrent not to connect to peers using ports specified in "bt.no_connect_to_services_list" as their listening ports. This stops firewalls from complaining about µTorrent trying to send an e-mail.

bt.no_connect_to_services_list: This option specifies which ports µTorrent should not connect to when "bt.no_connect_to_services" is enabled.

• 2 years later...

I'm using the latest stable 2.0 (with DHT enabled) on Win7, and it seems outgoing connections to the specified no_connect ports are still being attempted.

I've read the FAQ and various forum threads about related-but-not-quite-identical issues, and this still seems like incorrect behavior. Can anyone else verify this? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Archived