Can't use internet when using uTorrent

HereComesTrouble

Hi there,

I wasn't able to find my exact problem in your forum, so hope you can help me. The other day I followed some suggestions I found on the internet to improve my download speeds, but one of the changes I made no longer allows me to use the internet while I'm downloading on uTorrent, and I can't remember what I changed.

Whatever I read said that IE (I think) sets aside some kind of a buffer that usually isn't needed, so I ticked something or other that let me use 100% of the bandwidth for uTorrent. Now I can't remember whether I made the change in uTorrent or in the Control Panel (and can't see anything that rings any bells), nor can I find the website again!

It's very frustrating right now because the minute I go to use the internet, all my downloads stop and trackers turn red.

Can somebody please tell me how to change this back to the default?

Thanks

Hi Jewel,

I think I've discovered where I made the change - under Advanced Performance Options in the System Properties in the Control Panel. Memory usage is now set to Programs and I think I must have changed it from System Cache. Only problem is that I gather Programs is the default setting for Windows XP and I haven't changed it in the past.....

The problem I've been having since making that particular change is that if I'm downloading on uT and then try to use IE, my downloads all stop completely.

Which setting is best for running uTorrent while simultaneously surfing the net?

Thanks

Archived