download speed problem

manwar00

Iam connected to internet through LAN . and i connected to 1 MB DSL line through SMARTX MT 800 as my router. my problem hat i had very slow download speed (.2to 3kbs)and i donot know why . i spend long days searching in the internet to increase my download speed . is there anybody know if it possiple to open port in my router since i hear the to open port you need to had an static ip addreess and my LAN is configured to optain the ip address automatically. and if i open the port and forward it does that effect the other computer in the network.also i need to know if there any open port by default in MT800. so ican forward it .

hi every body i had really big problem and ineed HLP. i intalled utorrent on host machine running windows xp this machine is connected to 1Mb DSL throgh smartx MT 800 modem router. and internet connction is shared to other computers in the buliding (about 6 computers). my problem is i suffering low download speed (.2to4kbs) i googled and spend alot time trying to configure muy u torrent but nothing is happing. i search the internt and apply some ip patches and some ip optimizers tool but nothing . finally i decided that nothing can help me so i must try t forward port in my router. so i go protforward web site and succesfuly forward the TCP port (45862) for u torrent . and when i run speed test it tell me that the port is not forwarded. so can some body tell what the *****is going on. i well give some information about my host machine

i had two NIC installed on my machine

the first one had the static ip adress 192.168.0.1

the second is configured to optain the ip adreess automatically and this connection shared internet connection .

i forward the tcp port (45862) for ip 192.168.0.1

and i also try to disable windows firewall and i add u torrent to firewall exceptions and so the tcp port. so please some body help me i only wait todownload one file for more than three monthes can u believe that so if every body know what wrong please help me.

ok guys i do that and override net,bind_ip to 192.168.0.1 but when i run the port forward test it tell that the port is not forward properly and it show me the following massage(checking port 45862 on 41.209.64.77 ....

port 45862 dont appear to open) so please can some body tell me what is going on.

Are you sure the computer's IP address is 192.168.0.1? That sounds like a gatway IP address to me...

At any rate, the public WAN (Internet) IP address is not the same as the private LAN IP address, so you can ignore the discrepancy (if that's what you're asking about).

Archived