path column?

hulkviper

Forgot this request earlier :P

If not any folder is chosen where the torrents will be placed it comes up a little window where to place the torrents.

Wouldn't be good if users that place their torrents on different places could see where all are in the main windown instead of right click and Open Containing Folder ..... ?

Can't be that hard to add :P

If not any folder is chosen where the torrents will be placed it comes up a little window where to place the torrents.

Drop Down window.

:: Window ::

------------

Label 1 Folder

Label 2 Folder

Label X

Custom Path...

------------

Choosing a Label for non labeled .torrent moves that torrent's data to that folder.

hulkviper, Actually I wanted to ask for this feature and you preceded me :D

Peace.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This would be great -- simply the ability to SORT by save directory would enhance usability a lot for me. I am using uTorrent to seed thousands of low-activity torrents at the same time, but spanned over several save locations. Somtimes I need to find the torrents that are in a particular place... I am already using labels to denote torrent site, so that option is kinda taken.

I figure this has to be easy to implement!! I hope. :( I almost neglected to search about this feature since it seems it would be trivial to add another column, so I thought if it had been requested already, surely it would've been implemented pretty quick. :P

The drop-down menu of moving torrents would be great too, but more of a luxury feature for me.

Using labels for path and nothing for "site" is still an inconvenience because some sites have different trackers, or other trackers I want to "lump together" under the same label etc (special type of torrents). Same goes for those people who use labels to signify type of torrent (which is almost my case), since there can be no column entry for that.

To find torrents in a current path now I have to scroll over all of them looking at the Save As: in details, but this is inconvenient when I might have 500++ torrents under any specific label.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Not that it matters that Patte did. I trashed his other thread -- it's in the Almost-Never-Looked-In forum now, and I pointed Patte to this thread for the sole purpose of consolidating the discussion. Reiterating his point here after that fact is perfectly fine.

• 1 year later...

You can see the path to the individual files if you relocate them in the Files tab. Have you used uT lately? In fact it was added/merged even before the last update to this thread.

[ul]Change: Combined Name and Path column in Files tab[/ul]

Unless you're not talking about that specific request. In which case you should be more specific about the one you're agreeing to since there are multiple requests in this thread.

• 4 months later...

Just a though: the torrent path column + a way to search&replace a path substring (so no need to close client and externally edit dat files) would help a lot to move batches of torrents around file-system (I for one reorganize it every now and then).

Btw, relocate functionality would have some use for a "Reset relocation" button (not pointing all files to one flat folder).

Archived