If and When you make you linux port, that you have a CLI.

jibba

QT/GTK is standard GUI libs existed for many UNIX platform so it's more convenient to write GUI programs for Linux/*BSD/Solaris/etc. You might know the official bt client using GTK and Opera browser using QT for compatibility for many unix os with small program size.

I think if premade libs is so good, then official BT client and opera don't need to use QT/GTK.. right? I wish I'm wrong.

If and When you make you linux port, that you have a Command Line Interface to it.

Some people are good enough to use CLI's only... Not this fance GUI nonsense... :)

Have you tried rTorrent with libtorrent? I've used it on my linux machines before and it is a pretty decent cmd line linux client with a simple GUI that runs in shell also. When you suggested this, rTorrent came to mind... if you haven't already, check it out.

Eh? I don't see utorrent custom-writing all new controls (well, maybe toolbar buttons), I see win32 common controls put to good use. Win32 is a premade library, just a low-level one...

http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#How_can_.C2.B5Torrent_be_so_small_and_so_fast.3F

µTorrent is programmed in C++ using custom libraries.

My comments were based on that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived