Speed issues after Vonage install

wrking

I have tried all the troubleshooting tweaks, tips guides, port forwarding, etc and cannot get my spped back to where it was (600-900kbits). A green icon used to appear when I connected but no longer. Two things have happened that I'm aware of (kids sometimes are on this machine :-) ): 1. Started using Vonage for phone service; 2. Upgraded speed on Uverse to 6MB d/l speed. Issues arose right after and both events took place within 2 days of each other.

I'm running XP Pro. Windows firewall has exception for uTorrent, Bit Torrent, Azure, etc (none of these work either). Called At&t. They deny suppressing the speed. Any ideas?

Thanks!

"cannot get my spped back to where it was (600-900kbits)."

Uh...don't you mean 600-900 KiloBYTES/seconds?

"Upgraded speed on Uverse to 6MB d/l speed."

Surely you cannot possibly mean 6 MEGABYTES/second?!

That's about 50 megabits/second!

What's the upload max with that?!

Are you using a Vonage-supplied router somewhere in your line now?

Have you tried the 1st and 2nd link in my signature?

Yes to all the above. Called Vonage. They tried forwarding the port on the Vonage V-Portal. Didn't work. I think you have to set a static IP address, then forward. Tech support didn't want to go that route. Instead, they had me plug my computer and my V-Portal in to the AT&T momdem/router. No more issues. Don't know what I'm missing by having the Vonage device unhooked from my computer but my phone works and uTorrent is fast again. :-)

Wonder if this works for other Vonage portals? Thanks for the help.

Archived