Looking for help with port forwarding problem

TrooperRaven

I spent the better part of yesterday afternoon carefully reading and following the directions provided by the folks at PortForward.com. Unfortunately, I continue to get the following message when I utilize the µTorrent Port Checker:

Error! Port ##### does not appear to be open.

My firewall software has been disabled, I have turned encryption on with no apparent increase in speed. I have tried multiple port numbers.

My best download speed using µTorrent is around 20 kB/s and I have a 6Mb dsl connection through AT&T/Bellsouth.

If anyone has a suggestion as to how I might work through or around this problem, please advise. In the meantime, I will go back to PortForward.com and see if I missed something. Thanks in advance.

Disabling a firewall usually doesn't work because they connect to sensitive parts of a system. Because it's a DSL line though, I'm thinking modem issue, so I want to check that first. Can you define your network topology? If you have a modem and a router, look for the status page of the router, and post the first half or your Internet/WAN IP address.

Archived