UTorrent Noob with slow speeds

utfrogbog

hi there,

I'm a noob using UTorrent for the first time. I have a 20mb/s download and 768kb/s upload connection with virgin media. I have vista ultimate edition and UTorrent v1.8. My modem is connected to a netgear router wg614 and i have forwarded a port, which is tested as working ok.

I have setup UT to the best options that i know, but i'm not getting decent speeds that i used to have with bittorrent (approx 600k download speed). I'm only getting download speeds of 150kb/sec which is fairly low.

These are the settings i've used so far:-

1. i've capped my upload at 85k as the modem kept on rebooting when imy upload was maxed out.

2. Disabled windows disk read/write, overidden automatic cache to 900mb.

4. Global Maximum connections=400, Max connected per torrent=70, upload slot per torrent=3

5. Max active torrent=14, Max active download=10, seed ratio=150%

6. Enable DHT=Yes, Enable DHT 4 New torrent=Yes, Enable Local Peer Discovery=Yes, Ask Tracker Scrape Info=Yes, Enable Peer Exchange=Yes, Limit local peer bandwidth=No

7. Protocol Encryption= Outgoing Enabled, Allow Incoming Legacy Connections=Yes

Any help would be most appreciated

Set the disk cache options back to default. Your connection isn't fast enough for it to help.

What is your connection's upload speed in kbit/s? According to a speed test, that is. I just wanna know how close to 768k you actually get.

i'm not very good at this kb or kbit thing mate. All i can tell you is that virgin give you 20mb download and 768kb/s upload. This when i test speeds in a usenet download test should be about 2megabyte download per second. I believe the 768kb is approx 76.8kilobyte upload speed.

I do have some good news though as i followed Switeck's guide link and set the connection according to the chart and now i'm getting d/l speeds in excess of 800kb/sec.

However, I think that i could still improve on this and any advice of your would be much appreciated.

Thanks again

Archived