µRemote: a .Net GUI for WebUI

matias

Hi,

I wanna share with you guys this little program that i've made, still there's some missing features, but this is just the start:

http://uremote.blogspot.com/

Multi-language User Interface:

Supported languages: English, Español, Norsk (NN & NB), Deutsch, Russian, Chinese, French and Hungarian.

If you want to translate uRemote in your language, send me an email.

3Knkg.png

Hope you like it

I would be glad to hear you opinion

Cheers

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, there's a systray icon.

My program have this features that the other doesn't have:

- Multithread

- You can choose files priority (high, normal, low, skip)

- Multilanguage UI

- Pause all, stop all, start all (from systray icon)

- Dropbox like Free Download Manager where you can drag and drop torrents

- Support skins

- You can choose number of upload slot, up/down speed per torrent

- Remembers the size and order of columns in the torrent list

Cheers

Thank you very much for good works!

P.S.: Sortable columns work not the same as in local client and in WebUI. Rows (IMHO) must be sorted not once but after each updating information from server (for example, sort with "upload speed" column).

P.S.S: Wishes:

1) download/upload speedes in titlebar or/and systray

2) Persiist columns width, column order, window size and position.

3) More width of download/upload fields in statusbar (my speed is not fit in these fields)

Sorry for the delay... here's a new version:

Changelog:

- resizable info panel

- remember on exit: window size, position, state, columns width & order, info panel height

- add more space to upload/download fields on status bar

- add global upload/download speed on titlebar

To do:

- auto sorting columns

- floating window with global upload & download speed

Sorry but i don't have too much time lately to spend in this project.

Best regards.

Edit:

New version is out, just a tiny bugfix

Changelog:

- fix: when deleting a torrent an exception is thrown (Thanks Thomas P.)

Would be great if it automatically connected on startup instead of having to click connect every time. Add torrent URL would be nice too, that way I don't have to say the file to my computer. Works great as it is though, much more reliable then a browser.

Gobd, connect on startup will be on next version (there are some bugfixes too).

Add Torrent from URL is on the "To Do" list.

If anyone wanna translate this app to another language just send me an email.

Thanks.

Cheers.

Edit:

New version is out

changelog

- fixed exception thrown if you test connection from preferences when connected

- fixed file list not using background thread

- new floating global speedbar (right click on systray icon)

- add "connect at startup" option in preferences

- check version at startup

Here are some utorrent skins converted to transparent png that some user submitted to me, you have to rename to toolbar.png and place in the same folder that uRemote.exe:

toolbar4quasavadenlu7.png

toolbaraquazureusaquasazr9.png

toolbaraquazureusnoaquazt6.png

toolbarff3savadenpf4.png

toolbarphoenityauralimcab9.png

toolbarsoftishponjohww7.png

toolbarsubmerged08savadeo3.png

Best regards

I apologize if the message is too long, no way to upload a text file.

I got the following error after I click on the Option menu, even on my first launch, the first thing is to configure and booo... error T.T

When I click continue the program, and click on Option again, I got the red box with "X".

Was it my .NET Framework? I got a .NET 2.

See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
************** Exception Text **************System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItemInternalLayout.get_ImageRectangle()   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
************** Loaded Assemblies **************mscorlib    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll----------------------------------------uRemote    Assembly Version: 0.13.3152.19970    Win32 Version: 0.13.3152.19970    CodeBase: file:///D:/Documents%20and%20Settings/WildwestGoh/My%20Documents/uRemote/uRemote.exe----------------------------------------System    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll----------------------------------------zip    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0    Win32 Version: 0.13.3152.19970    CodeBase: file:///D:/Documents%20and%20Settings/WildwestGoh/My%20Documents/uRemote/uRemote.exe----------------------------------------uRemote    Assembly Version: 0.13.3152.19970    Win32 Version: 0.13.3152.19970    CodeBase: file:///D:/Documents%20and%20Settings/WildwestGoh/My%20Documents/uRemote/uRemote.exe----------------------------------------System.Drawing    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll----------------------------------------System.Windows.Forms    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll----------------------------------------Newtonsoft.Json    Assembly Version: 1.3.0.0    Win32 Version: 0.13.3152.19970    CodeBase: file:///D:/Documents%20and%20Settings/WildwestGoh/My%20Documents/uRemote/uRemote.exe----------------------------------------ListViewM    Assembly Version: 0.2008.8.11    Win32 Version: 0.13.3152.19970    CodeBase: file:///D:/Documents%20and%20Settings/WildwestGoh/My%20Documents/uRemote/uRemote.exe----------------------------------------System.Configuration    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll----------------------------------------System.Xml    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll----------------------------------------
************** JIT Debugging **************To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for thisapplication or computer (machine.config) must have thejitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.The application must also be compiled with debuggingenabled.
For example:
<configuration>    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" /></configuration>
When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exceptionwill be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computerrather than be handled by this dialog box.

And, also I need to know where's my username, password and others Preference settings saved to? I can't find any relevance file on the same folder. The windows size, details window (the General and Files tab) doesn't save at all (well I'm kinda requesting features :x).

I also tested on another machine (at work), it terminated miserably (windows error), not too sure if that's .NET problem (didn't windows update for kinda long). Will update the windows and find if does any different :/.

Don't know what the problem might be but try this:

- Reinstall .Net Framework.

- Clean uRemote directory, only leave uRemote.exe and "es" folder.

Your username and password, and the other preferences are saved in a file called settings.txt in the same folder that uRemote.exe.

Which OS are you using?

That's weird. Have you tried version 0.13.3158.593?

- Is there a settings.txt file in the same directory as uRemote.exe? (You could try to put your hostname, port, user & pass there till i find what is wrong)

- This exception is thrown only after you click on the dropdown menu or the "preferences" button?

- If you don't open preferences, but you resizes one column, is this exception (or another) thrown?

PS: i'm using XP SP3 too

I am using the most current version of µRemote found on your website.

- Yes, there is a setting.txt containing my hostname, port, username and password in the same directory as uRemote.

35265292ct4.th.jpg

- The exception only appears when I click the "Options" button on the toolbar. No exception appears when clicking on "Preferences"

- Resize the columns does not cause an exception to appear. As above, ONLY when I select the "Options" button.

Pulse, i will try to solve those issues. If you can provide more info, i think that this will speed up the process.

Cheers.

Edited:

New version out

Changelog:

# Hopefully, working auto sorting columns

# Fixed speedbar not showing speed

# Fixed some hangs when using uRemote & uTorrent WebUI simultaneous

:D

• 3 weeks later...

Nice application. Minimized it uses ~10 MB of RAM which is pretty decent.

One suggestion I'd have is have some information displayed in the tooltip of the tray icon. Right now all that is displayed is the name of the application.

Some suggestions:

- # of torrents being downloaded

- # of torrents being seeded

- download/upload speed

Would make it easier to tell what's going on without opening the application fully.

Thanks again for the great application.

Edit: Another suggestion. Manual refresh of the application. This way when you add a torrent via another method (ie Firefox extension) you can manage it right away instead of having to wait for the automatic refresh.

Archived