µtorrent shows filenames of my HD in Columns

Darkcrow

Whoa. O_O

1) Exit µTorrent

2) Start > Run > %appdata%\uTorrent

3) Backup settings.dat somewhere away from the EXE and away fom %appdata%\uTorrent

4) Delete settings.dat and settings.dat.old from %appdata%\uTorrent

5) Start µTorrent, reconfigure it... does the problem perist?

If not, please upload the backup settings.dat for inspection. Thanks!

I am seeing similar issues when running 1.8 build 11813 on a remote windows XP (SP3) machine and accessing via RDP.

Unfortunately I can't locate a specific cause, and screencaps show the correct text. If I can obtain a screencap showing the problem I will post it here.

There have been no changes to the machine other than the uTorrent upgrade and no problems with other programs so I am very doubtful that this is a RAM issue.

i have a similar issue... but i get ratios, filesize, speeds, etc in my columns. :)

i have had this problem before on an xp machine. only seems to happen when there are a large amount of offline(or otherwise bad torrents). actually, since i took this sc, the problem has 'fixed itself'

here's a pic:

http://i521.photobucket.com/albums/w339/51dusty/utorrentweird.png

server 2003 R2

µtorrent: 1.8 build 11813

@thelittlefire: this sc is over rdp with the '/admin' option ('/console' switch is unsupported past SP2(or new mstsc, i can't remember) and has been replaced with '/admin').

i'll have to check if this happens when i am logged in locally or not... i am doing work on the server this weekend and will pay close attention.

Eek >< new switches. Thanks for the heads-up. If you could also create and copy the Process Explorer DLL list for your uTorrent... I'm sure a "call stack" would be useful, but I simply don't know WHEN the listviews are triggered.

I'm against making uT crash unexpectedly... perhaps someone else can pinpoint when/where to setup uT to create the most favorable conditions for capturing where the corruption occurs.

a) get HijackThis from trendsecure.com, run it, view the log, and post the contents here

B) get Process Explorer from sysinternals.com, run it, Ctrl+D (to show the lower DLL pane), select the µTorrent process from the list, Ctrl+S (and save the list somewhere you'll find easily -- like the Desktop), then post the contents of the saved process list in the .txt file here

Just to be sure... If you happen to have a utorrent.lng file, remove it (I realize these screenshots are in English, but to remove possibilities...)

When you see this happen, do the following.

In the Windows Task Manager or Process Explorer, look for the [PID] of the µTorrent process. From there, File > Run > ntsd.exe -p [PID] -e [PID] -c ".dump c:\jit.dmp;q"

where [PID] needs to be replaced with the PID of the µTorrent process found in the process list viewer (don't include square brackets). The resulting dump can be found as c:\jit.dmp. Do this when µTorrent hangs, and post the dump.

Upload the dump to mediafire.com or zshare.net.

• 3 weeks later...

did a little diggin myself. and a lot more experimentation. looks like the problem is limited to the windows listview control via rdp. i have run several programs via rdp that use the listview control(including a prg i made myself to test, windows explorer, etc...) and the same thing happens...corruption from other controls in the window. a tech-savvy friend of mine said it might have something to do with the graphics buffer(so a windows problem instead of a utorrent problem...yay?).

• 3 months later...

I installed xp sp3 a few days ago and this problem showed up, I don't remember noticing it before, so it might have something to do with the new RDP client version packaged with sp3. I've downgraded to sp2's client. The problem hasn't resurfaced so far. Will post if I see it again.

Archived