uTorrent's "Bitcomet style window" always on top

bkm

Utilizing 1.4 now but had this same prob with the 1.2's & 1.3's...

Whenever I add a new torrent (right click on a downloaded torrent file in Opera's transfer window & open with uTorrent), uTorrent's "Bitcomet style window" does not pop up to the forefront so I choose where to download the file to or select which files to download in a batch torrent. It hides behind Opera. I have to click on uTorrent's taskbar icon in order to see the "bitcomet style window". I know this is uTorrent and not Bitcomet but in Bitcomet, whenever I added a new torrent when it was minimized, it would automatically pop up on top so I could do whatever I needed to do without also have to click its taskbar icon.

Can you pls add some sort of "uTorrent always on top option" or have it automatically pop to the forefront when adding a new torrent and not have it hide behind Opera or other browsers?

Thanks for adding the new bitcomet style window... never thought I'd see it.

This option would be of great use to me as well. I change settings often based on the type of tracker I'm downloading from so an option to have only this window pop up on top would save me some time.

The tweakui setting along with the activate window setting in utorrent has not proved effective.

Get TweakUI, General -> Focus, uncheck "Prevent rude applications from stealing focus."

Why installing a third party program when it can be done by ludde with little coding.. i'm not so into programing but i think it's not so hard to do.... we discuss that (i made the thread) in earlier versions of the program, there were several betas to fix this but nothing worked and the problem (if it is a problem for you, for me surely is) persist.

Get TweakUI, General -> Focus, uncheck "Prevent rude applications from stealing focus."

even with the TweakUI and restarting uTorrent AND even rebooting my pc i still don't get the dialog when i try to download. used firefox to download the torrent and opened it from my downloads windows, it automaticly opens with uTorrent 1.4 but the dialog isnt there.

Are there any other tweaks?

Get TweakUI' date=' General -> Focus, uncheck "Prevent rude applications from stealing focus."[/quote']

Why installing a third party program when it can be done by ludde with little coding.. i'm not so into programing but i think it's not so hard to do.... we discuss that (i made the thread) in earlier versions of the program, there were several betas to fix this but nothing worked and the problem (if it is a problem for you, for me surely is) persist.

Lol, it's not a 3rd party programme - TweakUI is from Microsoft :)

I also use Opera but I am used to select files after download starts. I added .torrent files to the "open with: \..\utorrent.exe" and Opera download it and opens it with utorrent.

Anyway I think utorrent should have a command line support of direct URL-s. So Opera can pass directly the URL to utorrent.exe, thus skipping the .torrent file download process. But its some other feature.

However I think it will not hurt to have a pin-ontop-button in the dialog.

Get TweakUI' date=' General -> Focus, uncheck "Prevent rude applications from stealing focus."[/quote']

even with the TweakUI and restarting uTorrent AND even rebooting my pc i still don't get the dialog when i try to download. used firefox to download the torrent and opened it from my downloads windows, it automaticly opens with uTorrent 1.4 but the dialog isnt there.

Are there any other tweaks?

There are more aggressive windows calls to set focus on an application, not sure which though.

Its up to Ludde if he wants to implement it. For me it switches focus like half of the time, not good..

• 7 months later...

Archived