Unable to start DHT

Mosh

Hello,

I can't seem to connet to any DHT user, the status keep saying DHT: 0 peers (Login) / Waiting to log in. I use software firewall and a router (with port forwarding to the needed TCP port), but I guess I need to forward some UDP port. Which port should I forward and how do I set up its number in the preferences?

Thanks in advance,

M.

Thanks for the (very) quick answers.

But (There's always a but), I opened the same port for incoming UDP, and all ports for outgoing connection and yet, no DHT connection. Do you have another idea? Doesn't the DHT need a "bootstrap" like the kademilia needs?

M.

P.S.

I thought about it again, can you set up a mock torrent which I can try and connect as DHT client?

Or just give me an address of one, maybe I'm just not connecting to the right torrents (I know the meaning of the private flag though, that's not the problem).

Righto! My DHT is connecting too. But this whole episode raises the question of the usefulness of DHT. If one failure in the network can bring the whole network down, then what's the point? I think any DHT network needs a "bootstraping" option in order to prevent these episodes.

M.

still not working for me unless it worked in the night and then stopped working again now.. wierd thing is tho at the bottom it either says waiting to log in or 0 peers but on the torrent ive got running DHT says it got 13 peers

and the ip address isnt in the ipfilter.dat that i use so it shouldnt be that

Maybe the issues with Level3 and other backbones arent over yet, So you cant reach the router address. Try pinging it and see what you get.

This might explain some of my other, thought to be non-related issues... Care to elucidate as to the nature of these backbone network problems atm? My DHT has not been responding for some few days... When I use the router.bittorrent.com addy in a browser window I get a blank page that says done with no errors in the status window.. Is this supposed to be the case?

Ty..

yea i get the same so im guessing its right.. and like i said i pinged it and got a response, so why cant utorrent connect? i tried bitcomet and that connected straight away so if they both use the same version of dht (i have no idea) then it would seem its a prob on utorrents part..?

• 5 years later...

I have been using utorrent for past 2 yrs with no problems.. yesterday this "DHT: waiting to log in" message came up and no downloading. I don't use any router, I don't use any firewall except for the Windows built-in thing on SP2

Archived