slow download speed

alan003

Hello,

I have charter 5meg internet and I used to get really good speed in utorrent. It all started last week, my download speed totally went really slow. I don't know what happened. I still can connect to lots of peers and seeds but the dl speed is less than 10kb/s. My upload limit is 25kb/s. I read previous posts (e.g.changing the half max open) , but can't find the solution. Please help! thanks

update: i can connect to peers but cannot download from them. what can be the problem? i never had this before

Do you get a green light in uTorrent if you start uTorrent with UPnP and NAT-PMP disabled?

Try the conservative uTorrent settings in the 2nd link of my signature.

You'll probably need to use no higher than 512 kilobits/second upload settings...maybe lower. :(

Also try disabling DHT (both kinds), LPD, and Resolve IPs (right-click in Peers window of an active torrent).

Set encryption in uTorrent to FORCED outgoing, if it's not already.

Test incoming legacy connections both enabled and disabled. Reset your modem, router, and computer between tests to verify one is better than the other.

I do get the green light. This just started all of a sudden... i can connect to quite a few peers and seeds, but for some reason I cannot download from them. Uploading is fine... And then later on, peers and seeds dies out and even lowering my download speed which is not great to begin with

Alan, i'm with Charter, and I'm getting the same problem. the last week or so my downloading has dropped to a crawl. I have a 10 Mbps connection, and i'm downloading files with 10,000 seeds at 5 kB/s

I'm starting to think that charter is doing something because even Open Office downloads at 80kB/s when it used to download at over 1000kB/s

Archived