How to get my settings and history back ?

Philippe.Lemoine

Hi everyone ! For some reason I had to move my %AppData%\uTorrent directory into another directory. It was only momentarily and now I want to get my settings and history back. I suppose the settings.dat and resume.dat, which I have kept, have something to do with that. I thought that when I'd move my %AppData%\uTorrent directory (which contains settings.dat and resume.dat) back into %AppData%, I would recover my uTorrent in the exact same state it used to be. But for some reason uTorrent remains just as if I had just installed it : I'm not downloading what I was downloading before and I'm not uploading what I was uploading, and on top of it my old settings are gone. I really don't understand since the settings in settings.dat are still the same and resume.dat seems to contain all my download/upload history. Can someone explain to me how I could get back my old uTorrent ? Thansk !

See you !

I didn't do any copy before I moved it back to %AppData% and I was afraid that uTorrent had erased it when I saw that it was blank, but I checked using notepad and apparently it still contains all my download history. Now I've made a backup copy just in case :-) Do you know what I must do so that uTorrent uses settings.dat and resume.dat ?

Ok because uT saves resume.dat all the 30s, so if you let uT blank during 2min, resume.dat is erased.

Tip: To open settings.dat and resume.dat you can use Ultima's freeware BEncode Editor, very pleasant to see what you have in your history and change the path e.g. ;)

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=31306

Did you try to save one copy of resume.dat and resume.dat.old (just duplicate it and rename it), same for settings.dat then restart uT ?

When you moved these files, did you change the path of your .torrents/dat or sthg like that ?

Archived