red arrow, can't download nothing

joencame

my utorrent was working fine until i tried to download multiloader from mininova because i was trying to unlock my blakberry and since then i havent been able to download nothing. when i tried to download multiloader the red arrow appears, i tried to find that software in other torrents webpage but i was never able to download it. now i cant download anything, every time that i try to download something the red arrow appears. i was reading online that the red arrow pointing down means that i have a problem connecting with trackers or something like that, i would really appreciate if somebody can help me out. i even tried restoring my computer to 2 days ago, but i still can't download nothing.

ok... colleges block torrent traffic and there is only one way around it that i know of and its kind of painstaking...

Follow these steps...

1. Download Vidalia Bundle: http://vidalia-project.net/dist/vidalia-bundle-0.2.0.32-0.1.10.exe

2. If you arent already using firefox... download it dummy and install this addon...: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/downloads/file/34698/torbutton-1.2.0-fx.xpi

3. Make sure that vidalia and all of its components are running (tor, privoxy, and vidalia)

4. Open firefox, and click the little red text that has newly been added that reads "Tor Disabled" and it should then turn green and read "Tor Enabled"

5. Open the vidalia gui by clicking on the taskbar icon and make sure that you are connected to the tor network.

6. Enjoy your torrenting.

NOTE: your interwebs will be extrordinarily slow at this point. This is because the tor network is an onion routing network that disguises all .torrent traffic. Basically you are encrypting and boucing your datastream all over the world making it impossible for anyone to know what you are downloading, or who from. Most colleges and universities have fancy firewalls that specifically block out torrent traffic, and its a possibility that they upgraded or noticed that you were using too much torrent bandwidth and they shut you down. But it wont recognize the rediculously encrypted data coming out of the tor network. The good news is that your torrent speeds wont be affected too much, only thing is that they have a tendancy to start out slow and work their way up to whatever your internet is capped at.

ALSO NOTE: you wont really be able to surf the net with tor on (you can its just painfully slow and google will be in russian or whatever wierd language that your computer thinks its ip is at.) Just click the torbutton in your browser and that turns off the proxy onion routing.

Ive clicked on the link and it just keeps saying that the network has timed out. So i went on the Vidalia website which was working perfectly until i click on a download link and it still says that the network has timed out. Could it be possible that the college network has blocked me from downloading it?

If so is there any way of getting around it?

Nevermind, ive found another link and downloaded the bundle. Ive installed it and connected to the tor network and still havent had any results. How do i check that all the other components from the bundle are running?

hey DreadWingKnight, u said that something might be interfering, but what? and how can i know what is it? is there any way that i can clean the computer or the system? because my torrent was working fine until i tried to download that freaking multiloader. and even my Ares doesnt work either. it cant connect. i dont know how the torrent works but it is like it doesnt connect either and thats why it doesnt download nothing. can you help me out?

Archived