no incoming connections

Nahvi

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same here. It is definitely related to the new version 0.9.1.

I found a way to get the imcoming connections working though. Set-up a fixed port for utorrent on your firewall/router/modem. Then in the network preferences of utorrent first select another port (any port but not the one that you'll be using). After that type the correct port-number in the "Incoming TCP port" field. The incoming connections indicator turns green instantly. Unfortunately the solution seems to be unstable since after a few minutes the indicator turns orange again....

After updating to Version 0.9.1 (14581) I show up as firewalled with the error-message: "protocol error 1 no/erroneous BT client listening or misconfigured router", and I get NO incoming connections. This means it'll be much harder to maintain a decent share-ratio.

Since I absolutely don't like this, is there a way to download the previous version?

Same thing here. Mine actually starts off orange and then turns red! At first I thought it was my router's problem, but port forwarding is working for all other apps. This thread confirmed my suspicion that utorrent is acting up...

The transfer speed is also slower than usual, although it could be just a psychological effect.

I have the same issue:

No incoming connections after upgrading to 0.9.1, from 0.9.0.4, in OS X 10.5.6. Speed was very consistent prior to upgrade, and has been cut in half since.

Port is forwarded correctly and appears as open in other clients.

Changing the utorrent port to something else and then back to the correct port solves the problem for a minute or so, and then the incoming connections are dropped and it turns yellow again.

well i tried reboots of utorrent and also the mac adn nothing worked for me.

I always have my port forwarded correctly and i redid my port rules several times in the router even using different port numbers.

Nothing worked and allsites said i was not connectable and i did several port checked adn they all said my port wasn't open - even though i knew it was.

I rolled eventually rolled back to the previous version 0.9.0.4 after trying every thing and i was green immediantly.

Do a google marinus and you will find a previous version - that is what i did!!!!!

But i do what to thank the developers as you are doing a great job and i hope the bugs of this version can be ironed out and a better release coming out soon.

I do love utorrent for mac - it is still the best client around!

Same thing is happening to me. At first uTorrent would assign a random port number even though it was set not to, and when I tried resetting it to the correct port it would beachball and i'd have to restart, after a while I was able to get it to keep the correct port but it won't read it as being open. I restarted my computer but that didn't seem to fix it. uTorrent is definitely a lot slower now, I don't think it's a UI glitch.

Re fcjvisser: I'll do that, thanks for the tip

Edit: found the previous version (@ versiontracker.com) and everything is hunky dory again now :-)

I'll skip version 9.1 for sure! (and won't delete my present version next time I'm updating to a newer version, just keep it somewhere safe)

I too am getting the red light - but as far as I can see utorrent is working normally. Utorrent and its (randomly selected) port appear in my Linksys router's uPnP table, and I appear to be uploading and downloading normally. Nevertheless, according to the utorrent port checker the port does not appear to be open, which does suggest this is not purely and simply a UI issue.

Hello,

i have the same problem here: Orange light with upload and download running then after a few minutes, light goes red et uploads/download start to drop.

i had to go back to 0.9.0.4. I'll use this version to finish the started transfers and will try Transmission the time the team releases a new working beta version (i planned to switch to Transmission a few days ago the time a new beta arrived). I love utorrent that i always used on Windows so as soon as a working version will be available i'll switch back to utorrent.

Good luck to the Dev team. i know it's a hard job so thank you.

Wow, i had exactly the same problem as above... Got the new version, immediately everything shut down... Went Red.... incoming tcp port.. no connections.

lucked out and found this forum...

my old copy was in the trash.. i put it back.. fixed the name on it.. altered the name on the buggy new version, refired it up.. and instantly.. everything back to normal...

I too think this is a great program... switched from Transmission a few months ago.... mainly on faith, haven't been disappointed... only suggestion would be to auto move completed transfers to a different folder.. its a real headache to manually move each one after it's completed.....

keep up the great work.......

I am getting the same bug on 0.9.1 also, the new version of utorrent had fixed some UI bugs which I noticed (on 0.9.4 the "icon only/icon and text" option could not be preserved when relaunching app), but "no incoming connection" issue really annoying me. I am in China, and thepiratebay tracker had been blocked by almighty The GreatWall firewall national wide, and when no incoming connection, dht seemed not working and none of the tpb torrent could be downloaded.

As all the others mentioned above, the router and port had been tested and confirmed working, even more when replaced by version 0.9.0.4 the incoming port issue disappeared and torrent could be downloaded, yet when switching back to 0.9.1 utorrent could not find a single peer for the same torrent and the same port, utorrent and router settings.

Archived