limiting U/L speed

scumbag

(crossposted from other thread)

You can limit your upload speed just fine... you sure you didn't turn on the scheduler or "Alternate upload rate when not downloading"?

In any case, try deleting settings.dat and settings.dat.old from %AppData%\uTorrent

The problem is that when people set a schedule, they often set it because at that certain time, they can upload/download at much greater speeds... Some ISPs charge by how much you transfer, but give free hours, where you can download as much as you want without it counting toward your transfer total. The point of the scheduler is so that you won't have to set it manually, and what if you forget to change the global limit? Then the scheduler becomes useless.

I suppose an option like "Obey global speed limits" can be added without too much hassle (I think)... Hm...

Yes I understand the purpose of the scheduler. I'd like for my U/L to NEVER exceed a certain figure - otherwise my downloads suffer greatly.

If the scheduler can operate within the bounds of 'global' variables, that would seem to make more sense to me. Or perhaps consider having the U/L speed determined independently of the scheduler?

What do you think?

So what are the chances of having 2 schedulers?

Here's my situation...

When my upload speed exceeds about 12 kB/ps my download speeds suffer. This doesn't bother me when I'm asleep - I'd like to upload faster then.

Now I have 2 download quotas. One for peek and one off peak. I have TWICE as much data available to me during off peak. So the download scheduler is useful to me. But since it allows full upload speed along with full download speed, it is of no real use to me. :(

So what's the chance of getting a better scheduler?

Archived