Possible FIX utorrent mac 0.9.1.1

jojoman02

everyone that is having the issue where their utorrent is not connecting to trackers or have no incoming connections or don't get peers please try this and PLEASE REPORT if it works, this fixed MY problem and it MIGHT fix yours too...

1) go to "System Preferences" then "Network"

2) under the list on the left side is a (+) (-) and gear button

3) click the gear button and click "set service order"

4) drag your device that supplies your primary internet connection to the top

5) for example i dragged airport to the top because i get my internet through wifi

6) close utorrent (if open) & start it again. note: you may need to restart your computer (i didn't)

7) report here if success occurs

Worked wonderfully!! . After moving Airport to the top I got an inmediate green light!

This is my testbed: Macbook Alu, 2.4 Ghz. Leopard 10.5.6. utorrent 0.9.0.4

Firewall allowing all connections.

Thanks for the trick. By the way, what a pain to register just for this. The admins should make it easier to leverage participation.

That makes it sound like a network interface number got hard-coded somewhere as "en0" or the network interface selection for HTTP connections isn't following the same priority as configured in the OS.

It's so crazy it just might work. I'll have to try it tonight. Thanks for the tip!

did you try deleting your settings, make sure utorrent is shutdown (wait 1 min) then delete settings, don't delete settings while running utorrent, i deleted my settings first time and it wouldn't work after adding a torrent so i did it again and it started working... wierd huh...

I've been using 0.9.1.2pre for a few days, and it's been a huge improvement. I had downgraded from .1.1 as I couldn't get it to make any connectionsl. .1.2 actually works better than any previous client for me, with everything functioning as advertised, Very rare 100% CPU usage (it was much more common in previous clients).

Great work on the impending release, all-in-all.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, ive had zero activity on all my torrents for around three days now. Same thing, red light and no incoming connections. Tried this and before i'd even closed the window my torrents were all kicked into life again! I've still got the red light but at least things are moving!

Nice one mate!

Archived