how can i create a normal translation file?

aviramof

I may be wrong, but last I checked, utorrent.lng was simply a zip file. So perhaps you can try renaming the file as utorrent.lng.zip, open it in a ZIP archive handler, update/remove whatever files you need, and rename the file back to utorrent.lng?

For that to work you also need there the file "english.txt" which exists in the "utorrent.lng"

This "english.txt" indicates where and in which order the corresponding text in your "Hebrew!he.txt" has to be.

In your "Hebrew!he.txt" each line is (as in the "english.txt") without any blank line but just the hebrew text only.

But I don't understand the need of that ... for testing of a translation it's recommended to download the "utorrent.exe.lang.txt" file (you can download that in µTS!) to be used with the "utorrent.exe" executable in the same folder/directory.

uTS_download.png

And for that just remove/rename or delete the existing "utorrent.lng" in the %appdata% folder.

i know about the utorrent.exe.lang.txt file but i want to know how to make it into Hebrew!he.txt without the extra english line meaning when i update utorrent.exe.lang.txt is well and good but if i want to post or send the hebrew translation i can't use this file and it take weeks and months for the site to update the official translation file so i want to know how they do that when they update the official file.

10x in advance.:)

Normally Firon "makes" a new "utorrent.lng" using his admin privilegs in the µTS and puts the file on the server, so nobody does this manually (except Firon starting it).

And yes, I poked him already to build a new one (for the "new" 1.8.2 build 15196/15227) :/

utorrent.lng is easier to post and easier to use all you need to do is put it in the same direcotry as utorrent.exe

and utorrent automaticly relocate it it can prevent a lot of problems and question from people how do i use this and how do i do that and why can't i change the langues while this file is in the utorrent directory and etc so basicly it can be complicate to explaine and etc and more peole would prefer to use utorrent.lng file then so start messing with other files and etc.:)

now utorrent display it as giberish maybe the file need to be converted to UTF-8 or something similer.:)

it seem to be that i was right but there was a strange problem when i tried doing it via the convert option in the UTS

it showd gibersih but when i simply resaved Hebrew!he in my notepad it worked fine i guess that mean that the script in the UTS doesn't support hebrew characters or some other problem so check it out and thank again for your help.:)

p.s i'v notied that there is a diffrent between utorrent.exe.lang of 1.8.2 and 1.8.3 and that basicly i need two diffrent

utorrent.exe.lang for each version just to let you know.:)

Bittorrent.exe (the new v.6 mainline client) is the uTorrent + BitTorrent, Inc. distribution model method DNA. DNA means that on certain sites with the plugin handler installed you can get, say a patch download or a video or some creator's content without opening up your torrent client. It happens in the background, up/downloading and presumably stops/removes when you do it. I will admit I only tried using it once, when something I was downloading accidentally opened up in there and tried to remove it ><

Of course you could also go to http://bittorrent.com/dna

Archived