adding downloaded torrents with subdirectory not recognized (b 417)

kokobaroko

My english is really bad so its not going to be as clear as I want it to be :( sorry.

I had a crash (fan stopped and computer froze) after which uTorrent forgot all opened torrents. The files were sitting safe on the disk in "downloaded" and "downloading" directories, but uTorrents window was empty. I started adding them just by simply dragging and dropping .torrent files from those folders onto uTorrent window.

All "downloading" torrents added fine and worked as expected. "downloaded" .torrents with single file in "downloaded" directory (for example single .avi files) were recognized as allready downloaded and uTorrent asked me nicely do I want to use the files on the disk, but ..

But "downloaded" .torrents that had more files and own directory inside "downloaded" folder were NOT recognized :(.

I ended up moving those folders to "downloading", uTorrent picked them up nicelly there and moved to "downloaded". But it would be nice if it would pick them in "downloaded" also.

Hope that was enough to understant the problem

what do you mean by the "File menu" ?

Today I had another crash (does uTorrent betas crash a lot? this is the only piece of software I update regularly and those 2 crashes were first in a 5 months period, it could be also my hardware of course, but..) and again lost all the progres in uTorrent.

First thing - why uTorrents forgets this data after every crash? Does it r/w to that file without making a backup?

Secondly I had to add all the .torrent files again :/ so :

"Set Download Location.." works, but One has to drag&drop the .torrent, stop that torrent, "Set Download Location.." to "downloaded" + .torrents subdirectory, click "recheck", lots of work.

uTorrent makes copies of .torrent files in "downloading" directory every time you add a .torrent, even if that torrent is allready on the disk and uTorrent recognized that torrent being allready downloaded - so I ended up with lots of files like this

"downloading"/Wayne's World 2 (1993).avi.torrent

"downloading"/Wayne's World 2 (1993).avi.1.torrent

"downloaded"/Wayne's World 2 (1993).avi.torrent

two of those are unnecessary.

.torrent and 1.torrent are the same, the first was created yesterday when I added it after the first crash, the second one created today. uTorrent did not check if they are the same, and did not delete those files after rechecking those .torrents

I am wery happy that my thread was moved to "todo". Thank you.

Archived