Problems

phaze_09

I've been downloading torrents with uTorrent for months with no problems. I was going to download something earlier and when the box appeared that lets you choose which files you want to download, it said certain files were only available with a different type of torrent program, and that I should download this program in order to view them. So I did, and uninstalled my old BitTorrent (thinking it was high time for an upgrade anyway) and got this new one running. I tried to download something and it said 'torrent could not be opened because the associated program does not exist. change association in preferences.' I uninstalled the new program and re-installed uTorrent back, thinking it would solve the problem, but it persists. I checked the preferences in uTorrent's menu but still can't seem to figure it out. Help! thanks

"Make sure the "Associate with .torrent files" button is greyed out in the General section of the options."

It is.

"If it is and Firefox gives you errors like "Invalid menu handle" when opening the .torrent or opens another client, click (within Firefox) Tools -> Options -> Content -> Manage, remove TORRENT from the list and hit OK."

I got into the Content folder, but there is no Manage option. I clicked everything in Manage and didn't see any kind of choice to remove torrents from a list.

Archived