uTorrent bypassing NetLimiter?

apeg

I have been running uTorrent & NetLimiter in conjunction for years now… I log in remotely to my computer and use netlimiter to throttle down uTorrent (and other things) so that I can use the computer remotely to queue up all my torrents. Then I remove the cap log off and let them run.

But as of 3 days ago (give or take) utorrent seems to ignore netlimiter? Just keeps on truckin like netlimiter isn't there? I have tried reinstalling with no success.

Any ideas? It's not a big problem but does make remotely logging in a pain, having to set caps on multiple programs.

Thanks

It's because uTorrent is one of many programs I throttle down when I log in remotely (if I don't, the remote login performs so bad I cant use the computer)

Most of the programs I use have their own limiter but to take care of each one individually vs all @ once with netlimiter… it makes my life much easier

To put it in perspective when my connection is maxed it can take 30-60 seconds just to get the start menu to pop up. To open and cap each program on its own would take forever.

This only started a few days ago? But I never upgraded my versions or anything?

I'm not worried about performance because its only for a moment, as I load up new torrents or something like that… then I remove the caps and log out.

Sounds like you need a router with QoS. This is a NetLimiter issue not µTorrent. Applications can't just bypass throttling unless the application is not intercepting network bandwidth. I think you may just need to remove the utorrent.exe and re-add it into the NetLimiter list.

Archived