XBMC WebUI Controller Plugin

f3ar007

News:

June 22, 2009 - Official plugin released!

About:

The plugin interfaces the µTorrent WebUI and allows for individual or complete torrent control.

Individual torrent functions:

* Pause

* Resume

* Start

* Stop

* Force Start

* Remove

* Remove and Remove Data

Complete torrent list functions:

* Pause All

* Resume All

* Stop All

* Start All

* Limit Upload & Download Speeds

* Add Files (from Torrents dir.)

Screenshots:

001tb.png002tb.png

003tb.png004tb.png

005tb.png006tb.png

Install:

Enable WebUI

Enable Token Auth

Install plug-in, follow this guide

Enter User Info in Plugin Settings

Enjoy!

Downloads:

version 1.2.0 - NEW! - June 22, 2009

Other Links:

XBMC Scripts and Plugins

Soz my previous post wasn't very useful because I was busy at the time.

I don't actually use XBMC. I just have it for testing purposes. So it's not important for me to get it to work but if I can help you track down a bug that might be in your app then lemme know.

Yes, I was using 1F.

Here is my bug log: http://pastebin.com/m58c0ce47

Looks like it has all the relevant information (my OS, etc).

It fails with the error I posted earlier when I try to enable it.

Btw, the other XBMC utorrent script you wrote did work.

Lemme know if you want me to try something.

This time the error is a non-numeric port. Basically, in the plugin settings you need to set the IP to your network IP or the IP of the server running uTorrent. Basically it's working, however, the plugin is reading incorrect data from plugin settings.

Hmmz

You said:

Tue[20:19:13] <f3ar007> LordAlderaan: the error is a non numeric port, did you change the settings in the plugin settings?

Tue[20:19:48] <f3ar007> highlight the plugin and right click then select plugin settings, change localhost to your network ip or whatever ip it is running on

But if I r-click on the plugin I only get two options: Add to Favorites and Show Debug Info. There is no settings option. I guess the settings option is only available if I start the plugin but I can't start the plugin because of the error.

Are you installing the plugin in the scripts folder? That's what it sounds like. The plugin should be in xbmc/plugins/programs folder. Then you might need to enable 'show programs menu' in the options. I will update this post with more information later. Try the plugins folder, and see how it works out!

http://xbmc.org/wiki/?title=HOW-TO_install_and_use_plugins_in_XBMC

No, it's actually a function of XBMC. Basically, each item you see is called a listitem, it is nothing more than info telling XBMC what to display. In this case, title and status of the download. The 0.0Kb you see is the size of the listitem, not the content being downloaded. There is no way to update the size or amount downloaded in real-time, at least within XBMC.

Are you using token auth? or the standard plugin?

Ahh, I see. I'm using the standard plugin - was a bit thrown by the complications of token auth. I assume as I'm using a different port for the WebUI, which is not forwarded by NAT on my router to the outside would, the security implications do not affect me.

I was hoping I could see the real-time status of the downloads (% complete or downloaded Mb) with this plugin. Is this not possible then?

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Getting these errors when trying to launch uTorrent plugin from XBMC, The Web UI client works great from a web browser. What am I doing wrong?

23:44:07 T:5968 M:1328369664 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.utorrent/

23:44:07 T:5968 M:1328369664 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.program.utorrent/) failed

23:44:07 T:5072 M:1328402432 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(addons) in addons://more/executable.tbn

23:47:00 T:1096 M:1292685312 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.

23:47:00 T:1096 M:1292685312 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--

23:47:09 T:1096 M:1292935168 ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.SystemExit

23:47:09 T:1096 M:1292935168 ERROR: Error Contents: <NULL>

23:47:09 T:1096 M:1292914688 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\Jack\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.utorrent\default.py", line 253, in ?

listTorrents()

File "C:\Users\Jack\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.utorrent\default.py", line 90, in listTorrents

tupList = updateList()

File "C:\Users\Jack\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.utorrent\default.py", line 53, in updateList

token = getToken()

File "C:\Users\Jack\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.utorrent\default.py", line 45, in getToken

sys.exit()

SystemExit

Archived