Seeding Question

clutchcakes

Iv been trying to download several torrents and noticed even though there are many seeders (as many as 350), I am not being connected to any of them and availability remains at 0. The odd time i can actually get connected to one seeder ( 1(347) ) availability is still zero and I get no download whatsoever. I was under the impression seeders signified people who had the full copy of the torrent so therefore with 347 should availability not be very high? Is something else preventing me from connecting to seeders? I haven't changed anything and today is the first time I've noticed this. Does the fact there are many more peers then seeders affect my connection?

After reforwarding ports on my router and firewall and messing around with the settings I managed to go from yellow triangle, to red circle, to green checkmark so everything seems to be working fine now. Thank you much.

Edit: Although Utorrent seems to be working ok, (though not exactly blinding speed) and I have a green checkmark, according to PFPortchecker, the port is still not open? Also when starting Utorrent the yellow triangle comes up first followed by the green checkmark not sure if this is normal

Although Utorrent seems to be working ok, (though not exactly blinding speed) and I have a green checkmark, according to PFPortchecker, the port is still not open?

There is a very simple way to tell. Just check the flags in the peers tab and if you never see any I then there is definitely a problem with incoming connections else not.

I would not pay too much attention to the green or orange (or even red) icon in the middle of the bottom status bar since I have seen it in all the colors even when my router was perfectly well forwarding the defined port(s). :D

Archived