Error when there are no seeds

MaV

I'm downloading 370 MB file right now, there are 18k Leechers but only few seeds that are currently offline. I reached certain level and my torrent stopped with weird error: "Error: Proces nie może uzyskać dostępu do pliku". It's in Polish because my system is. It means "Process cannot gain access to write to file. It is used by another proccess" or something like that. I have to resume the file regularly to check if there are new seeds. Is it only me or is it a bug ?

I've just downloaded BitComet. Very weird, similiar behavior. The torrent switched on 'seeding' and then to 'Seeding [Error]'. I'll try also Azureus to make sure.

EDIT: Azureus shows the same error. But why it came in the first place? Happened first time to me. I'm going to restart my machine and see what happens.

EDIT2: Restart helped, but I'll see if that won't happen again when I there are no seeds. I'm pretty sure this was the cause.

// Witam witam :). Jeśli możesz - sprawdź moje tłumaczenie w dziale Translations, czy nie popełniłem jakichś błędów.

bla bla I have the same error

// tzn nie mam tego bledu ale napisalem zeby sie nie przyczepili ze bezsensowny post:)

wiec przegladnalem tlumaczenie tak po łebkach bo nie mam czasu na dokladne sprawdzenie - sam mialem robie w przyszlym tygodniu spolszczenie ale widze ze byles szybszy :)

nie wiem tylko czy to blad u mnie czy jak bo kodowanie jest jakies dziwne i mam same slaczki i znaczki zamiast polskich liter :/

nie wiem czy widziales - jest juz wersje rc3 do tlumaczenia ;)

I just found out that, after µTorrent crashed and restarted on its own, one of my torrents gave me the same error. I closed the app manually, went to the Task Manager and noticed utorrent.exe was still in memory. Not sure it's the cause (after all, I had several torrents running and the others were fine). But maybe it's a lead ;) All I know is after I stopped the process and restart µTorrent, it was OK.

EDIT: OK, it looks like utorrent.exe takes a few seconds to disappear on its own...

I had the same problem,

it appeared that my new torrent was saved to a dir VIDEO_TS,

and that directory was already in use by another torrent ...

I solved this by disabling the folder option 'Put new downloads in',

removing and re-opening the torrent and because now utorrent

ASKED for the folder to save the download in, I could give it a unique name.

Seems it would be a good idea to introduce another option:

'use torrent name as save-folder name'.

Archived