Download speed with a Netgear WNR2000

sonnytt

Hello,

I'm using a Netgear WNR200 which is rated quite high for TCP connections here:

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/component/option,com_chart/Itemid,189/chart,124/

However, I'm still lacking performance. On my old D-Link I used to download with a speed above 1MB/s without visible slowdown for my www activities.

Right now I'm managing 300KB/s with visibly slower www.

I've proper port forwarding for utorrent. DHT and UPnP mapping in utorrent are disabled.

Any ideas?

Regards,

hope your problem is solved.

if not please follow my instructions because i had bought a netgear wnr2000 & i was also in the same trouble that you are in.

ONE SIMPLE THING will do every thing & solve all your problem & this applies to everyone how have added a wifi router in front of their preexisting modem router.

JUST USE YOUR WIFI ROUTER AS A ACCESS POINT.

turn off your dhcp server. change your router i.p. in the line of your modem's i.p. i.e. if your modem's i.p. is 192.168.1.1 then change your routers i.p. to 192.168.1.100 or anything between 2 & 254 but it should be greater than the number of wireless devices you are planning to connect to your router.

NOTE : THIS ALL SHOULD BE DONE WITH ONLY YOUR ROUTER CONNECTED TO YOUR PC. i.e. YOUR MODEM SHOULD BE OFF LINE.

and that is it you are done. no need to port forward your router & modem.

the chances are you won't need to portforward your modem either, because with UPnP enables in utorrent your port will be forwarded automatically, it work for me.

Archived